Sign in to follow this  
ThatRandomJanitor

Water Hardness

Indeed in the long run could save thousands. I'm not to shocked plumbers in the city where I live do not carry them yet 45 minutes away in a smaller yet more thriving town they've got a few. People in my town will complain about the water yet not do anything, pretty funny if ya ask me. Debating on holding off until next year. If I take the day off could flush the system and replace a few pipes and add some ball valves where it would be a major conveniance w/o having to redo several times.

12 hours ago, ThatRandomJanitor said:

Indeed in the long run could save thousands. I'm not to shocked plumbers in the city where I live do not carry them yet 45 minutes away in a smaller yet more thriving town they've got a few. People in my town will complain about the water yet not do anything, pretty funny if ya ask me. Debating on holding off until next year. If I take the day off could flush the system and replace a few pipes and add some ball valves where it would be a major conveniance w/o having to redo several times.

Going about fixing / upgrading a municipality's water supply can be an expensive process (the company I work for does these types of project all the time). But if it's been an issue for a long time then yeah, you'd think they'd want it fixed by now.

Some parts of town are worse than others as well as depending how how old the incoming pipes are at the homes. Probably going to install a whole system filtration system even though it is not to bad here being mostly PEX in system. Not much left to go in basement for PEX conversion but not everything on 1st and 2nd floor has been converted yet.

As for the city fixing stuff I doubt it'll ever happen. Our city loves to contract things out to private companies backed by council and it sucks. Its almost like being a tenured college professor you can not do a damn thing and still get paid. Garbage guys can skip blocks and still charge. Been tempted to run for council after I get through college.