Happy Fathers Day! ×
Sign in to follow this  
ThatRandomJanitor

Pressure Canner Q

This year I plan on making some long term investments to make things cheaper long term in new home. One of these investments is a pressure cooker so I can can excess food from garden. I have the unfortunate setup of a glass electric stove...I've heard that some pressure cookers are to heavy for glass tops. Any suggestions for one that wont break the top? Don't need anything to big just something big enough to put food back for 3.

Have you considered doing it outdoors using an outdoor gas burner? Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-SP10-High-Pressure-Outdoor/dp/B000291GBQ/

That way you don't have to worry about the weight, and if something goes wrong, it's outdoors. :lol

I have one that came with my turkey deep fryer. I use it when I want to cook things that are too big/messy/whatever for the kitchen stove.

I've got a burner on side of grill. Just prefer it be inside because I'll have everything set up. Backyard is pretty bare with no place to put anything. I've heard of some people using single burners that plug into 110 outlets

Sorry to dig this up. I personally wouldn't trust a 110 burner to maintain temps to ensure things go as planned. Maybe get a small folding table for outside to use with the grill then your looking at safety and the great outdoors. Everything is better when outside.

That is one youtube channel that I have watched when starting out and still check it out every year before the wife and I get started.

I personally am looking to update my caner since my current pressure caner doesn't have a pressure gauge of any kind on it only the part that sits there to hold pressure.