Sign in to follow this  
Hepius

Erlenberg heavy tank advice needed

The new Erlenberg has been super campy. The castle has been an absolute death trap for heavy tanks. Even if your side wins it, it is at tremendous cost. 

I’ve tried the middle in my heavy, but it’s pretty tough going as well. 

Lights, meds, and TD are no problem. I know my strategy with them. How should I play my heavies?

29 minutes ago, Hepius said:

The new Erlenberg has been super campy. The castle has been an absolute death trap for heavy tanks. Even if your side wins it, it is at tremendous cost. 

I’ve tried the middle in my heavy, but it’s pretty tough going as well. 

Lights, meds, and TD are no problem. I know my strategy with them. How should I play my heavies?

Take your HT to the corner where tds usually camp (meaning drive all the way up the 2 line or 9 line) and get under that ridge or your team has lost the game in any class of tank.

45 minutes ago, Cpl_Maida said:

Take your HT to the corner where tds usually camp (meaning drive all the way up the 2 line or 9 line) and get under that ridge or your team has lost the game in any class of tank.

I always used to do this on the old map. You do this on the new one? It seems like a death trap now.

I always used to do this on the old map. You do this on the new one? It seems like a death trap now.

Yeah, in LTs I floor it to the far end of mid and get side shots on heavies going to that spot (or castle). You can red line it tho and be safe... but then you still have to cross open area to get to ridge (or castle)... and you will be shot on the way doing that cause u r too darn slo. Hill in the east is too small... castle gives you some cover but now k line campers have 50 thousand choices to kemp bush and shoot u when u poke.

Having said all of that, haven’t played that map much yet and haven’t played at all in a heavy. All meds and lights and pretty much all mid. I think that’s where I would take a heavy as well... but I certainly see maida’s point. Map is seriously flawed... no good answer I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maida, are you saying that from the north you should go down the 0 line and get under their guns at F0?

From the south I'm not sure where I'd go to get under their guns. 

I've only every played heavies from the north. Three times I went castle with other heavies and got wrecked. Once I went town and it was ok, but we lost elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Hepius said:

Maida, are you saying that from the north you should go down the 0 line and get under their guns at F0?

From the south I'm not sure where I'd go to get under their guns. 

I've only every played heavies from the north. Three times I went castle with other heavies and got wrecked. Once I went town and it was ok, but we lost elsewhere. 

I can't think of the coordinates, but if you spawn south, drive to the NE corner. I did it today and I spawned south but on the west side of the bridge. It was lulz.

If you spawn north, drive all the way to the SW corner. Usually helps if you have a team that isn't brain dead and can follow you or shoot what you light.