Sign in to follow this  
Allbeefy

LT 15 Mission Question

Only one mission left for the 3rd set, wanting to save my 12 orders for the 4th set.

I have the Sheridan, most of the 9s and the Chinese at T8 WZ-132; running mostly the RU251 and the T54 LTWT the last few nights.

With the new maps, I am averaging below 4k combined a game, no where close what is required.  For most matches, I actually do more damage than spot so I am pretty sure I am not doing things right. 

Given what we know about the lights:

a)  is there a tank or a line that is better for completing light missions;

b)  what map is ideal, I.e. surfing the ridges in Prok?

c)  what equipment? I typically run, rammer, optics and vstab; but I am thinking of dropping rammer and vstab for binocs and camo net. 

d)  ANY ADVICE ON SPOTTING IN GRAND BATTLES?  Seems like a great opportunity in grand battles but doesn't seem to be any good passive spotting bush or opportunity to do active runs.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

You can't do much besides wait for the right map and a team that is good, but not steamroll good. Prok is the obvious map but Malinovka is also good. 

On 3/29/2018 at 5:49 PM, Allbeefy said:

Only one mission left for the 3rd set, wanting to save my 12 orders for the 4th set.

I have the Sheridan, most of the 9s and the Chinese at T8 WZ-132; running mostly the RU251 and the T54 LTWT the last few nights.

With the new maps, I am averaging below 4k combined a game, no where close what is required.  For most matches, I actually do more damage than spot so I am pretty sure I am not doing things right. 

c)  what equipment? I typically run, rammer, optics and vstab; but I am thinking of dropping rammer and vstab for binocs and camo net. 

d)  ANY ADVICE ON SPOTTING IN GRAND BATTLES?  Seems like a great opportunity in grand battles but doesn't seem to be any good passive spotting bush or opportunity to do active runs.

I haven't been on in a while, but I assume the principles are same even if the maps have changed so i can;t give you specific spots to go to. I think the 13 90 or Bat 12t (or even that new american premium if you own it) are probably going to be your best bet. To cover as many bases as possible I would probably set up Optics, Binos and Vert Stabs. That way you always have best view range possible and you can hit what you are aiming at. You could drop the Vert Stabs for Vents as a possible option as well. The Camo net is nice, but only really necc in a very few butt-clenching close encounters. I don't recommend X lights for this because unless you get a full X match you are going to need to be cranking out damage with your X light or you are hindering your team. Tier 8 or 9 (with it's crap MM anyway, assuming they didn't miraculously fix it in the past month or so) in a X match on a good open map would be ideal. 

In game tips for you:

1. look at comp during loading, look for who is going to be the problem for you on the enemy team. 

2. You can try a semi-aggressive opening spotting run, but STAY ALIVE! you can't spot anything from the garage.

3. You are in this for the long game. Don't worry about shooting at the beginning of the match, assist damage is you goal in the beginning. Your personal damage is gonna come late game as you are running down the wounded and b!tch-slapping arty. 

4. Look at the map, the best place for you to be is between your team and the enemy, in a bush or running a ridge. You don't have to be 4 map squares ahead of your team to spot, you just need to be closer to the enemy then your team mates because you have the view range/camo advantage. 

5. When you put yourself in a bush, make sure your tank is pointed towards your "out". This is something I don't see a bunch of light tank drivers do. I have watched them rush to their spot and sit with the front of their tank pointed straight at the enemy. They get spotted and die as they are trying to turn around to run away. I recommend already being pointed to run away, your armor doesn't really count for anything anyway (except maybe a few Russian lights).

Unfort you will be at the mercy of your team with assist damage but this is the most likely way you are going to complete it at the final 2 tiers of missions. 8k personal damage in a light of any kind is a very tall order and will probably only happen once or twice in your WoT career, but I have done 8k+ combined many, many times. 

Hope this helps, and sorry I haven't been around much lately.  

On 29/03/2018 at 10:49 PM, Allbeefy said:

One thing I would recommend to save you time and effort , keep track of the map rotation! You'll find that it varys each day , there's no point trying to work the mission when maps like Paris, himmelsdorf and ensk are appearing a lot, you'll just end up getting frustrated. If your patient at least once in a week you'll find that malinovka , prok, redshire and sand river will be common in the rotation . Then you'll have more fun and less frustration attempting to complete the mission.

cheers lt.

10 minutes ago, Lt_jackson_13 said:

One thing I would recommend to save you time and effort , keep track of the map rotation! You'll find that it varys each day , there's no point trying to work the mission when maps like Paris, himmelsdorf and ensk are appearing a lot, you'll just end up getting frustrated. If your patient at least once in a week you'll find that malinovka , prok, redshire and sand river will be common in the rotation . Then you'll have more fun and less frustration attempting to complete the mission.

cheers lt.

A light came on when I read this. I've been subconsciously noticing this trend lately and this one paragraph was an "aha moment". I've been playing LTs almost exclusively lately, I figured I needed to learn at some point, and some days it's nothing but Paris and Himmelsdorf. Trying to spot/do damage on those has been painful without 6th sense in Tier 4 and 5. 

9 minutes ago, Ziggy_Dog said:

A light came on when I read this. I've been subconsciously noticing this trend lately and this one paragraph was an "aha moment". I've been playing LTs almost exclusively lately, I figured I needed to learn at some point, and some days it's nothing but Paris and Himmelsdorf. Trying to spot/do damage on those has been painful without 6th sense in Tier 4 and 5. 

Ive been in that same postion many times, trying to hard and just taking the fun completely out of the game! Its a nice little rule to follow and keeps your head in the game, also this applies to all missions not just light tanks. Blocking damage will be much easier on the Himmelsdorf corridor where you can control your engagements rather than maps like Prok or Malinovka, It can be done of course but requires less effort and luck (you are in control)

IMO any LT tier VIII-X can do it.

I have 7k combined games regularly in the tier X's. Just need the mix of right map, bad enemies, etc.

I actually did LT15.4 prior to me being on the mission.

Good things come to those who wait.

PS: new Malinovka is the best to get this done.