Sign in to follow this  
ThatRandomJanitor

Mistakes You've Made

Used  hose clamps on air hose to get my tire aired up after both quick connects gave in on my air compressor hose. Sent the air chuck sailing across the garage once enough air got built up. What are some of the mistakes you've made in the garage or out in the field?

crossed wires on a string of LED lights....took me 15 minutes to run down which wire in the string was crossed.

I needed to replace the hot water supply line to the bathroom faucet and the new one I bought had a valve attached to it. I turned off the valve on the supply line, disconnected it from the faucet, and then proceeded to cut the supply line below the valve. The spray of water was the first hint that I had forgotten to consider the result of where I was cutting. (My thought process was literally: "Okay, the water is turned off at the valve, just need to cut here and install the new valve. AHHH!") I had to run across the house to the utility room to turn off the supply to the hot water tank. My son was asleep or I would have been able to go in his room which is right next to the bathroom and turned off the water to the whole house.