Hapa_Fodder

Veteran's and VA Benefits!

So figured I would start this post for those of us that have served and those of us that have retired from the military. To answer questions and get resources, to help each other!  I am retiring in May and have been doing A LOT of research.

Honorable Discharge for being what the USCG considers "fat"  idiots. anywho...

I don't have much to offer as all i get is a disability check once a month for injuries (knees) or things cause by the job i had (hypertension a.k.a. very high blood pressure) suffered during my time in.  have me labeled as 50% disabled

16 minutes ago, xJediDadx said:

Honorable Discharge for being what the USCG considers "fat"  idiots. anywho...

I don't have much to offer as all i get is a disability check once a month for injuries (knees) or things cause by the job i had (hypertension a.k.a. very high blood pressure) suffered during my time in.  have me labeled as 50% disabled

Are you in Cali?  Have you contacted CalVet?  Because there are A LOT of options for you since you got a rating.

Nah, I'm in Texas.  I haven't looked at much of anything Vet related since I got out other then using my GI Bill for a few years.

1 minute ago, xJediDadx said:

Nah, I'm in Texas.  I haven't looked at much of anything Vet related since I got out other then using my GI Bill for a few years.

Oh thats right, sorry, I knew that.  Contact the TX VA, you seriously need to, I researched for about 5 mins and there is so much available to me and I'm not even discharged yet.  Your rating gets you a lot man!

So I was looking to see what Virginia does for disabled vets.  You have to be at 70% or greater to qualify for reduced rate hunting/fishing license.  You have to be at 100% permanent disabled to really get anything here.  All my worn out parts only added up to 60%.

Howdy!  Can't believe I missed this post for so long!  

I am a VA Benefits ADvisor in real life, so if anyone has questions, I would be happy to assist!

Also have my veteran card - USAF Active (4 years)  & Reserves (5 years)