PaulMck

Elite Dangerous

Me and Tom Ace have started playing a lot of ED lately (helps with my ed). With the new updates coming in the next year we are hoping to get a few more people to join us.

So if you love space then you should take a look. Base game is 30 and then the horizons which includes tons of addons plus the new stuff for free next year is another 30.

There is a pretty steep learning curve if you're alone but i have a ship that allows two others to fly with me and i have fighters they can launch out in. good way to make a lot of money and learn the basics with any risk.

I remember playing E:D when it first came out. Looks like I logged 1733 hours on it according to Steam. I stopped playing after Horizons came out and the trade routes tilted toward planetary landings. Maybe I should pick it back up again, although I'm sure the power creep has passed me by.

What's the biggest ship player can own nowadays?

New content is being released in Beta on 25 January.

I have not played in a looooooooooong Time. Think I am going to try and reignite the spark during this Beta window to see what is up and not risk my normal account, cuz I am going to suck relearning.

If anybody wants to shake the cobwebs out and meet up let me know.

Very lonely in space sometimes.

I played E:D steadily for about 1 year, starting back in Beta for a few months too.

I enjoyed it vastly, but eventually got bored...

I would consider coming back, but probably only if I upgraded to the new Vive Pro.
I was spoiled previously by having a DK2 at the time, and I can't even imaging playing that game in anything but VR now. 

I've been keeping a distant watch on the development progress, and although they seem to have made decent progress with Horizons it never was enough to lure me back. 

Do you guys have any details on Season 3 content? Timetable?

Do you guys PvE or PvP?

Have there been any improvement to the semi-sterile Power Play and Community Goals thing?

There are some recorded live streams of the changes that are being introduced in the BETA that starts on the 25th. If you can get through the geekdom (fast forward) it looks interesting enough for me to try it again. Will have to relearn and probably program all the key bindings lol.

I caught this on a steam sale recently and have liked it so far. Takes alot of time to learn how to play as the game tells you almost nothing. Lots of reddit and you tube video time. the 3.3 changes seems to have the player base in a frenzy about how much better mining is. I don't know what mining was like before but I tried it briefly and hated it. Probably because I did not have all the fancy equipment to make it go faster. I liked No Man's sky ok, but its a different sort of game. ED has way more to do.