Sign in to follow this  
thedakar

World of Warplanes 2.0!

So, World of Warplanes dropped a new version of itself, and I have to say, it is not bad!  It is actually a decent arcade-style flight game.  For those that play warthunder arcade, you would find this version familiar, yet different.  If you play the more realistic styles of warthunder, this is not even close to those.  

Overall, I have had some fun - it is a great little side diversion from World of Warships when the potatos come out in force and I need a break.  

I've been playing too. Just working down the US line at the moment.  Definitely enjoying it more then i thought i would and the controls are super easy to pick

I've only played 3 games, but liking it so far. It's a nice diversion from tanks. Apparently you can trade those golden tickets or whatever they're called for premium time, 150 for 30 days. And since premium time is shared with tanks, that give me a little extra incentive to play the game. :biggrin

Is it just me or are the low tiers easy as hell? I haven’t played in a loooong time and whatever progress I had was wiped out. Starting it up again and I’ve either been stupid lucky or something because I’m rolling through everything so far. 

10 hours ago, gueropelon said:

Is it just me or are the low tiers easy as hell? I haven’t played in a loooong time and whatever progress I had was wiped out. Starting it up again and I’ve either been stupid lucky or something because I’m rolling through everything so far. 

I suppose. I mean they are in WoT too, right? After half a dozen games you can usually be solidly into tier 4. That said, I am pleasantly surprised at how good the AI is. I mean it's not great but if you're flying around in straight lines the planes/AA will target you and hit you pretty hard.