Sign in to follow this  
xtc4

computer problem: graphics turn red

Maybe someone else has had the same problem as me and has found a solution. I have a Lenovo laptop with windows 10. It is a few years old and is beginning to be somewhat of a toaster. The most demanding thing that I do is play WOT. For the last couple of months, the graphics have been going through periods where the colors are "off": everything gets hazy and a lot of objects turn red. It can be disorienting when it happens in the middle of a match. After a few minutes, the graphics go back to normal.

I tried playing around with the graphics settings. One thing I did was to make sure that the computer is always running geforce, rather than integrated graphics. I think (I could be imagining) that helped some, but I still have occasional "red periods." What do you guys think?

(Be advised: I'm just a caveman. Your computers frighten and confuse me.)

Since you say it is older, I would bet the display is starting to wear out.  Do you have a TV, or other monitor you could plug it into?  If you don't get the red shift then yes, it is the monitor.  If you still get the red shift, then your GFX are about to die.

Thanks guys. I hope that I don't have a hardware problem because I got no extra money.

Anyway, here's something interesting. I noticed yesterday that my nvidia geforce was not automatically updating and had not been updated in like a year. I now have it straightened out. I am hoping that was the problem. We'll see.

You can unbait your breath. Here is the update. I have had no problems in the last few weeks since I caught the problem with nvidia. Hopefully that's it.