Sign in to follow this  
Malandrix

Mic not working

I have ROG ASUS gaming laptop and microphone does NOT work for weeks now. I've tried everything(except obviously what would fix it). It appears to be a software issue as audio works perfectly but 'puter does not recognize that mic is even present. Gone thru settings(and youtube tutorials) and still no mic. Headset not the problem as I use additional laptop to run TS and works fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated but know in advance that i'm not very savvy on this subject and until recently thought my computer worked by combo of magic and blind luck. Thanks in advance for any help(and your patience lol).

you said you went through everything, was one of those removing and reinstalling the drivers for the microphone?    not being rude just trying to help

not rude at all BV, yes sir.  Also tried different headsets. I cant seem to get it to recognize ANY microphone config. Bizarre thing to me is that audio works perfectly and when using PTT on TS icon lights up as if it is engaged but no mic. Let me know other info you need as any suggestions are most welcome. Silly running another laptop just for TS. Tech support for ASUS will fix for a "fee" which i'm avoiding on principle. I spent more money on this gaming rig than I've paid for autos in past and find that if ASUS is aware of the problem then they should fix problem just based on good customer service/relations. Its an angry old guy thing lol

Windows 10 Home is OS and it looks like realtek is installed driver. Think you have steered me in right direction sir.  I will reinstall ROG driver today and let you know.  I appreciate the help very much and let you know result.

Eric  I have had quirky things with mic as well Something with a recent windows and/or Discord update causes issue.  If I have Discord up and pop into a channel before unmuting via the switch on the headset wire , discord seem to not recognize it.

Try closing out off all the programs (TS or Discord), then plug you mic in and make sure it is physically unmuted, then launch the app...

It started about a month or so ago and it the only work around I've found for me.  May work for you.

Thanks Nismo and BlackVenomice!.  Yes issues started a couple of months ago and now seem to be straightened out.Had to redo drivers and seems to work fine for now. Sorry for late response as ive been off the grid rehabbing from knee replacement(again). All is well and want you all to know your help is always appreciated!