yeagrmeistr

Disc Golf

I've been known to play a time or two (check my logo)...  Based in Syracuse NY. I've played about 50 courses in 6 states. I'm bad for a pro, good for an amateur. Been playing a long time. I get out about twice per week in-season. A handful of tournaments a year. Won my last two (in my division, amateurs 40yrs+).

If you have any questions, I can help or point you in the right direction.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, Mykk said:

I've been known to play a time or two (check my logo)... 

and NOW your avatar makes sense.  I had no friggen clue what it was before today.

@Laspherhaha

I haven't played in about a year.  Last time I threw any discs was for my son's cub scout den as they had to learn a new sport for one of the badges.

I need to start throwing again though. Even if its at the park by my house just to get some practice in.

As far as where I'm playing. I've only played in Corpus Christi so far.  I'm planning on taking my discs up to the Dallas area with me when we visit my parents in December to play a few courses up there.

Played 1st tournament today, did bad but learning. Tournament was for the local disc golf club membership drive. So check that off the list. Got to get in putting practice in and shave them down.  Lot of 2 and 3 putts today which killed a lot of chances for par and birdie. Fun time meet some good peeps. FYI local area Wichita, KS. 

Been playing frisbee since teenage years and I'm almost 63 now so a long time. Family tradition when me and my kids all get together we play frisbee. Just started playing disc golf since Harvey sent me to an early retirement a year ago next month. Didn't even realize the sport existed now though I'm hooked have several courses close by and try to play several times a week. Great fun and exercise at the same time. Play with my oldest son and grandson every Sunday. 

Welcome to the club! If I can help with any questions, let me know.

I started bringing my son last year. He's 10 now and great fun to bring along.

I need to get back into it.  I haven't thrown a disc in about a year and a half or so

Hey Vincent, or anyone, you're probably playing more than I do--lucky!--but I was just thinking about the easiest way to shave strokes off your score. A practice basket in your backyard for putting. Putting practice is absolutely the easiest way to improve one's score (and you can buy a temp basket for not crazy dough). I have two good temp baskets in storage but it's not practical to pull them out, so I'm missing out. I'm quite confident that a little bit of practice every day would be a huge help. Once the putting becomes easier, the approaches become easier, and then the drives become easier.

ps. here in the northeast, putting baskets also appear in basements and garages

pps. Also living rooms (okay, I've only seen one at a friends house, but i "played" it), but you have to be single. Apparently.