Grimm65

Devastating Family Crisis

So - My oldest brother was just recently diagnosed with esophageal cancer caused by of all things acid reflux. (who knew!!!)

Now my oldest brother (he will only be 56 this Dec) is a large man.  500+ lbs.  but since Easter of this year he has lost over 170 lbs because he couldn't eat solid food.

The Dr.'s sent him for a PET scan last week and he found out today his cancer is inoperable. Now that is bad enough - but the PET Scan also showed he has cancer in his neck (lymph nodes) in his abdomen and bone cancer in his hips.  And then to top it all off they found a problem with his heart and has to go for tests for that.  The Dr.s have not given a prognosis yet.

He will be starting radiation  next week and going from there.

Now - you may ask why I posted this here - well first off I do believe in the power of prayer.

But also a few years ago when my first marriage fell apart I went into a suicidal depression.  And I have learned since then that I need to talk about stuff like this, and since I am on here every night 7 days a week playing tanks with you guys you are a major part of life now, I needed to bring this out.  If only to potentially explain my moodiness .

Wow, Grimm. I am very sorry to hear this. My second wife had a horrible battle with leukemia, then liver and stomach cancer. I wouldn't wish the experience on anyone or their families.

What is your brother's Christian name so I can include him in my prayers?

Terry will be included in our family prayers, hang in there buddy!

Prayers for Terry and the rest of your family Berg.  As a father of a child with cancer my mantra is F*ck cancer!

My cousin was diagnosed with stage 4 Stomach cancer...too large to operate...they got him cleared for Gleevic. Its been around a long while and seems to kick cancers butt.  His tumor shrank by about 50% in  about 6 months time.  Not sure what your brother's dr's have planned but it may be worth mentioning..

My sister had stage three lymphoma.  Luckily shes been in remission for over ten years.  She was only 19-20 at then time, but I remember hearing the news like it was yesterday.  Definitely keep you in my thoughts.