Sign in to follow this  
ThatRandomJanitor

Wall Mounting TV?

Since moving I've kept the TV in the closet due to not having a TV stand. Since building an entertainment center would cost far more than a $20 mount. I've been thinking about mounting it to the wall. I've never done wall mounts....EVER. Is it possible to run the wires in plan sight over running them through the wall? Looking to do all this on a vocation day off from work since I'll be working/school 7 days a week.

plain sight is no problem, and is easier than punching holes in walls.  I am looking to do similar next year, buying a small tv and extending wall mount for my bedroom.

Might sound odd, but depending on how much you have going into your system you can build a simple entertainment center for cheap. I built 2 of them in my house for about $50. Both are mounted to the wall and the TV's sit on them. All of the cables are behind and well hidden until you get up close. Will have to take a picture of it when I get home so you get an idea. 

On 9/30/2017 at 1:19 PM, ThatRandomJanitor said:

What I was thinking. Gonna have to do some measuring wanting a system that has enough space for my laptop plus a future bluray player even it comes down to having two shelves mounted on the wall.

They have mountable entertainment shelves, or you can just find something that will work.  Moving the outlet is cheap and not that difficult (usually, and please be safe).  On a side note you can sometimes pick up stands/console tables cheap on clearance or at an online market place.