Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

YahMann : (14 August 2017 - 10:24 AM)

Calling all callers. Open mike is on for tonight. Tier 6. 6:30pm pst.

Jester39 : (15 August 2017 - 09:20 PM)

test

gpc_4 : (15 August 2017 - 10:46 PM)

test

Sixman_Up : (16 August 2017 - 05:10 AM)

Test SAT

NeoGP : (16 August 2017 - 03:14 PM)

test

Jester39 : (16 August 2017 - 05:41 PM)

test

Argnt Bstrd Ale : (16 August 2017 - 06:06 PM)

test?

xJediDadx : (17 August 2017 - 09:44 AM)

test

SGrant7 : (17 August 2017 - 12:44 PM)

Posted Image

Grimm65 : (17 August 2017 - 03:39 PM)

the question now is - did the test pass or fail!!!

Jester39 : (17 August 2017 - 04:47 PM)

fail..where is everyone...

Argnt Bstrd Ale : (17 August 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Testing of course!

rewguy79 : (17 August 2017 - 07:04 PM)

What was the test for?

joey791 : (17 August 2017 - 08:57 PM)

Welcome to the forums Babbaganouj :)

Babbaganouj : (17 August 2017 - 09:18 PM)

Woooo~ I have finally found my people haha!

gpc_4 : (18 August 2017 - 12:31 AM)

welcome, sir.

serf : (18 August 2017 - 12:35 PM)

por que

joey791 : (19 August 2017 - 12:26 AM)

Welcome to the forums TylerNible :)

Ayleward2 : (19 August 2017 - 06:02 PM)

Anyone want in for fantasy football? Draft tonight at 8PM EST.

joey791 : (21 August 2017 - 08:45 PM)

Welcome to the forums GregoryNor :)

Photo

Concrete Floors & Cops Suck

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DeviousByIntent

DeviousByIntent

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Real first name:Tony
  • WoT ID:DeviousByIntent

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

So as some of you know, when i got married I moved from Tennessee to Massachusetts and lived there for 8 years. Well I moved back to Tennessee a year ago. I used to do a lot of street racing and building ricers when I lived in Tennessee originally so I had a lot of law / court problems on file for driving violations.. Well the first thing I did when I moved back to Tennessee was run a background check on myself so to avoid any surprises and settle any problems if there were any, as I haven't been in any trouble with the law in almost 10 years now I didn't want to start off on a bad note.. I even contacted the county clerk and asked..

Back ground checks came back clean, A few months after getting here I got a job working for the state as an agent cell phone supplier for low income families.. ( Government phones ) To get the job they ran multiple back ground checks, foreign and domestic & all came back clean.. I've been at places where trouble has gone down once or twice, ( me not being involved ) but non the less have had my name ran by the police, no issues, no wants or warrants...

Well yesterday, the police show up at my job site ( Now a contractor rebuilding condemned homes ) looking for someone none of us knew. But because I was putting my tools in my truck getting ready to go home at the end of the day the cop said I was stashing stuff.. Searched my truck to no avail, ran my name and suddenly I'm being arrested for an 11 year old warrant for a failure to appear in 2006 and financial responsibility..  What the hell,, I explain everything to the cop, he apologizes and says regardless he has to take me. Even the cop at the jail booking me was confused by all this.

So 5 hours on a hard bum concrete floor, $150 to a bondsman on a $1,500 bond and I'm out.. I get home and do a BG search and a county docket look up,, still no failure to appear charge on file but my new court date and judge has been added to a previous driving on suspended charge that I appeared in court for and had already been dealt with 11 years ago.. 

Talk about a fucked up court system.. Got married, had a kid, got my life together, 10-11 years no trouble what so ever and now this poop.. Think the judge is going to believe me when I say I appeared in court on that day and that they fucked up? Not likely but even if so,, I wont get my bond money back, I'll owe new court costs and they fucked up my perfect streak of staying out of trouble.. Way to go Tennessee,, You still suck as bad as you did when I left 8-9 years ago..

Its ok for the random guy who knows where to beat his wife, abuse his kid, get busted with drugs and kill someone, hes still walking the street with a smile on his face,, I do everything Im supposed to, get my life straight, no trouble, but they must be bored and have nothing better to do,,so lets issue a warrant that wasn't there for the last 9 years and pick this guy up,, he wont know...

#2 ThatRandomJanitor

ThatRandomJanitor

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Real first name:Trent

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

I'd say to lawyer up JIC. Old sh*t for whatever reason gets out there once LEO runs it. Any LEO's on here know why?

Saw this awhile back...pretty weird how it happens ya?

"Follow your dreams you can reach them I am proof.Beefcake beefcake!"
-Eric Cartman (South Park)

https://www.facebook...ng&z=1563304855

#3 xtc4

xtc4

Pack Leader

• Pack Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Real first name:Peter
  • WoT ID:xtc4

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I don't know anything about Tennessee or about the details of your case. With those caveats, I can tell you that mistaken warrants are fairly common in many jurisdictions. They are most often due to a clerk's mistake in failing to vacate a warrant on the computer system after the defendant has appeared. The warrant then drops, sometimes years later, usually at a traffic stop. It sounds like there is a good chance that the judge will believe your story when you appear in court and that everything will be cleared up. You should still hire a lawyer if you can do so. Good luck.

signature.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users