Sign in to follow this  
Granitebeard

British Battleship sneak peak

How will they play compared to the Warspite? I'd be bummed if my secondary focused Warspite captain isn't suited for the tech tree line.

Probably just like Warspite until tier 7. Or so WG says. Hard to tell really. Every ship tier 7+ only has the 4 x 2 4.25" guns per side for secondaries. While they might still be above par for range, there won't be enough to really justify a full secondary build at that point. QE (tier 6) should be a beast though with the 5 x 2 4.5" guns.

Probably just like Warspite until tier 7. Or so WG says. Hard to tell really. Every ship tier 7+ only has the 4 x 2 4.25" guns per side for secondaries. While they might still be above par for range, there won't be enough to really justify a full secondary build at that point. QE (tier 6) should be a beast though with the 5 x 2 4.5" guns.

Well, that is a bit disappointing.

I feel like each BB line thus far twists at some point. Some more then others. USN go to the bow on speed boats from the slow ships, IJN goes from awkward long range to accurate long range, KM goes from armored to more armored and secondaries(?).... Ok so maybe this kind of thinking isn't so solid. But with so many ships to pick from, seems odd they kind of switch up the line like that.

Can't recall where I read this, but Nelson looks to be the next Free XP purchase ship.

Can't recall where I read this, but Nelson looks to be the next Free XP purchase ship.

I saw this also-  The reason they kept it out of the tech tree was to release it as a premium.... HOWEVER I just read an article that the next premium BB in 6.10 is a tier 8 Jap, the Kii or something like that...   Amagi with torps and better AA (and maybe a little more armor?)  Trying to find the article online on my computer to link it... I read it on my phone earlier today.  Nelson in 6.11?

I'm playing too many lines as is... not going to start another unless I see something playing against them that totally sways me to try em.  I like my Warspite, but not enough to head down a whole line... although having the trained captain from the WS to transfer into the lower tier stuff could be fun.  Maybe XP to tier 4 or 5 though...

Wanna finish the Soviet DD and American BB grind first though.  

I'm playing too many lines as is... not going to start another unless I see something playing against them that totally sways me to try em. I like my Warspite, but not enough to head down a whole line... although having the trained captain from the WS to transfer into the lower tier stuff could be fun. Maybe XP to tier 4 or 5 though...

Wanna finish the Soviet DD and American BB grind first though.

There are missions this month that can get you to the tier V, which is an interesting move by WG.

Also, Notser mentioned he is having a bonus Twitch stream on Monday, August 14 which I'm guessing means that is the day he can show off the Brit BBs before their release.