Sign in to follow this  
Juggernaut41

A cry for help! Wz-111-1-4

I tend to be a vaguely competent heavy driver. This is supposed to be a great tank. I have only played 9 games, but I am so far frickin useless in this tank. I get that it is Chinese so don't get shot in the sides. Feels like my lower plate is Swiss cheese with a shell magnet in it. Feels like worse overall armor (other than turret) than IS3. Feels like a worse tank in my hands than the 110.

Feels bad, man.

Is it really just hull down or nothing? Go with mediums most of the time? Don't brawl? Seems like that is wrong.

#Deepredtomatoplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank is very fast once upgraded & big gun is a must. Then you just brawl mediums. Find ways to trade with mediums, but give yourself time to reload. Your goal is to trade 250 hp for 500 hp with that big gun.

I take all fast heavies to the medium side on 90% of games.

Biggest drawback to this tank is the constant ammoracks coupled with getting tracked.  Get ammo racked.  Fix.  Get ammo racked and tracked and you're done.  Once you get tracked and racked, its hard to recover.   I never ended up running two repair kits, but its something you should strongly consider.

I ran boosters the entire time i ground it out.  Went very fast 

I hated the WZ111-1-4 till i got the 130mm  ( i know its a pile of XP but worth it ) then it was God like Ammo racks are less frequent than the 113 for me anyways. I never put a wet ammo rack on the -4 but i have one on the 113. I try to run with meds but if there are more hvy`s than meds i will tag along with them from a safe distance . I just got the WZ111-1-4 back after selling it once i got 113 . Then tried the WZ-111-5A on test server and started another XP grind to it .

Its a tough grind stock, but once upgraded it is a lot of fun to play. 

Just assume you've got no armor, because it tends to get penned consistently, but what it does have is speed and an Epic Boomstick. 

I play it as Holsy suggests and I have decent success, but it does need to be upgraded. 

Gl HF!

I am also grinding XP on the 1-4 now in prep for the 5A, so if you see me online I'm happy to platoon and we can fast-heavy-wolf-pack together. 

It's a beast fully upgraded. Play it like an IS-3, which is what it is. It's not a Maus. Go fast and use that gun.