Happy Fathers Day! ×
Sign in to follow this  
TED100

TEAM SPEAK LETS MAKE IT USER FREINDLY

Question

I KNOW I AM NEW TO THE CLAN AND I CURRENTLY RUN A POPULAR CLAN WITH SERVERS TEAMSPEAK ETC:

AS AN SUGGESTION INSTALL ICONS BESIDE THE PERSONS NAME TO INDICATE RANK OR ATHORITY . EXAMPLE RECRUTMENT OFFICER A CAPITAL RO IN BLUE . AND SO ON SO WHEN SOME ONE COME IN IT IS A QUICK REFERANCE.

AS FOR SECURITY AND EASE OF WANTING THE CLAN TO GROW. IN YOU WELCOME CHANNEL WHERE PEOPLE FIRST I AGREE DONT GO NO FURTHER BUT HAVE A STATEMENT IF YOU NEED HELP RIGHT CLICK AND POKE A MEMBER TO HELP YOU OUT REMMEBER THEY ARE PLAYING A GAME . AND THEY WILL COME UP AND ASSIT YOU.   ALLOW CERTAIN MEMBERS OR OFFICERS THAT ARE IN TS ALOT TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO MOVE AND HELP SAID PERSON OUT.

PUT COLOURED ICON ON THE GAME CHANNEL AS IN STAR WARS CHANNEL WITH THE STAR WARS ICON .

IF YOU NEED HELP OR TO CHAT JUST CONTACT ME. I AM VERY BUSY AS WE ALL ARE . BUT I AM ON CALL RUNNING A MAINTENANCE DEPT FOR A TRUCKING FIRM 400 POWER UNITS AND I AM 24\7 . BUT I AM WILLING IF YOU ARE.

THANK YOU TED100

The icon thing is doable now, permissions have been granted from those who give me direction.  It has been brought up before but kind of died.  That said, if anyone can suggest, or make, an icon pack that suits our needs, I'll happily install it to the server.

(I kind of haven't read the rest, such scary caps :P :)

[edit]

As for helping people, and your suggested message, I can easily change the wording of the popup (yes, it can get annoying as hell popping up every time you join  [note to self]need to change the setting on that now to not popup [/note].  Anyone with a "c" badge has the authority to manage all members of the various clans, including promoting people from guest status--that's some 30 guys I think.

you can get the icon from the net easy or take your own and change it in paint to the recommended size.

i do not mean a pop up if you look to the right of each channel you are in you can edit and type in the info there , that way you only use the pop up for emergency message or like ( important message on forums please read)

I small usability tweak would be to have a "I Need Permissions" sub channel. That is kind of the standard way on everyone's TS server. Would be good add a message to "poke someone with an icon" for when you join the "I need permissions channel".

Also having your most active TS guys able to move people is important. A lot of those 30 guys who can move people aren't online, sometimes zero are on. Currently our Junior Admin role is a bit too powerful to hand out to a bunch of people. If we had a server group that can change people from Guest -> Normal, but nothing else special, then I could give that to the right group of TS regulars to help manage on-boarding new dads.

I small usability tweak would be to have a "I Need Permissions" sub channel. That is kind of the standard way on everyone's TS server. Would be good add a message to "poke someone with an icon" for when you join the "I need permissions channel".

Also having your most active TS guys able to move people is important. A lot of those 30 guys who can move people aren't online, sometimes zero are on. Currently our Junior Admin role is a bit too powerful to hand out to a bunch of people. If we had a server group that can change people from Guest -> Normal, but nothing else special, then I could give that to the right group of TS regulars to help manage on-boarding new dads.

Hapa's head just exploded.  I think that initial permission grant is the most sensitive since no one should be getting it who hasn't already posted on the site and we know is a dad.  So not sure the comfort level of extending that vs. just adding more admins who we know can grant roles correctly and we know won't abuse it. 

If we had a needs permission sub I would be ideal if whenever someone goes into that sub-channel that anyone online with access to change permissions is poked/pinged. 

TED.  WE'VE TALKED ABOUT GROUPS WITH ICONS QUITE FREQUENTLY.  THE SERVER PRIVILEGES WERE JUST TWEEKED RECENTLY SO ITS ACTUALLY MUCH IMPROVED UPON.  BUT THOSE ARE SOME SOLID SUGGESTIONS. 

more admins who we know can grant roles correctly and we know won't abuse it. 

That's what I meant by "right group"... trusted, long time members, on TS a lot, etc. Though you are probably right that those types could have Junior Admin anyway vs adding another server group.

The stronghold commander group cannot do the change.

Well, it should be expanded. Either to the commanders or some sort of Combat Officer group of active, long time tankers.