Sign in to follow this  
Cpl_Maida

Thoughts on Ranked Battles

Played for like 3 hours, only to finish where I started.

I think it is getting more competitive this week, and therefore getting harder to finish top 3 when you lose.

I am sure you heard my ...Sal moment...  I went from rank 4.3 to rank 1.2 before the downward spiral finally stopped and I clawed my way back to 3.0 before the night ended. To be fair I took a much needed 2 hour break in there to platoon with sane people... well, Ref and Oneround...  

I am sure you heard my ...Sal moment...  I went from rank 4.3 to rank 1.2 before the downward spiral finally stopped and I clawed my way back to 3.0 before the night ended. To be fair I took a much needed 2 hour break in there to platoon with sane people... well, Ref and Oneround...  

I probably would have lost it. 

I probably would have lost it. 

I did, but after I calmed down I started the climb back up.    :ranting

Black, you have more perseverance than I do. I went up two then down 4 last night. Done. I may be done period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife says I am the most stubborn person she has ever met... I think she's wrong...  I clawed my way back to 3.something last night, I don't even remember... I decided I was going to play it for fun and grabbed the E50M and tried ramming everything I could. It was actually quite effective     :tank   

http://wotreplays.com/site/3666754#fjords-blackroan-e_50_ausf_m

I broke down and started driving my batchat. Amazingly effective at rank 5 battles because rank 5 battles have a lot of good players and damage farmers. It's a pro scout and as such, spotting damage ez pz. Light something up and it evaporates or runs into cover if they are good enough to get away.

And since ranked battles are about exp, you literally don't worry about damage farming or WN8. Only when you can't overcome the urge to shoot for damage and get lit do you run into trouble as you will evaporate to the enemy team as well if you try to shoot more than one shot.

Got my rank 5, only took 6 days...  not to get a rank or two in actual tanks before tomorrow night ends.

Got my rank 5, only took 6 days... not to get a rank or two in actual tanks before tomorrow night ends.

I'm just glad I was able to get revenge on you for killing me. I'm still about 3-4 away from 5.