Sign in to follow this  
Cpl_Maida

Thoughts on Ranked Battles

I didn't bother last night, and probably won't for the rest of the week.  What little time I have, I'm grinding the Krackwagen line.  Ranked battles just don't have the appeal to me unless I know I'm on a team that actually wants to play vs sit back.

I didn't bother last night, and probably won't for the rest of the week.  What little time I have, I'm grinding the Krackwagen line.  Ranked battles just don't have the appeal to me unless I know I'm on a team that actually wants to play vs sit back.

Pretty much this exactly, I quit at rank 2 this week and have been playing Emil II with reserves popped pretty much exclusively.  The Emil II HEAT spam is enough of a cash sink as it is.  I might try to hit rank three this weekend, but getting the Kranvagn researched is more important that 100 more bonds.

How often are they going to do ranked seasons?  I should come out of this season with 1000-1200 bonds, if they do 4 seasons per year then in theory if I quit buying firefighting directives I'd be close to 5K in a year only playing a couple of nights per stage to get rank 3.  Right now I am using directives to buy fire fighting on BC when I run food.

Pretty much this exactly, I quit at rank 2 this week and have been playing Emil II with reserves popped pretty much exclusively.  The Emil II HEAT spam is enough of a cash sink as it is.  I might try to hit rank three this weekend, but getting the Kranvagn researched is more important that 100 more bonds.

How often are they going to do ranked seasons?  I should come out of this season with 1000-1200 bonds, if they do 4 seasons per year then in theory if I quit buying firefighting directives I'd be close to 5K in a year only playing a couple of nights per stage to get rank 3.  Right now I am using directives to buy fire fighting on BC when I run food.

Does the BC catch fire enough that you need it though?

The fire fighting directive is only 2 bonds, by far the cheapest.  So far Ive had one 4K damage win in the BC with the fire fighting directive that would have been a 2K damage loss otherwise.  I rarely run food in any tanks, but more because I hate burning than the cost - this is just a little bit of insurance.  I swear RNG knows when I don't have an AFE on board . . . (tinfoil)

I honestly just don't have that much desire to grind as hard as you guys for bonds so I can buy iEquipment, so I look at the bonds as freebies for playing a few tier X games which I can exchange for occasional small perks.

This week has been decisively harder to make progress than the previous 2 weeks.  I started the night at 2.1 (again) and ended back at 1.1, despite some pretty decent games.  I just cant seem to get it together.  Maus not working.  E5 not working.  140 and STB were maybe 50/50 last night. 

I had a 4 game no-chevron streak last night, which is the worst I've had yet in the mode. Those 4 losses felt like 10. Then the pendulum swung and I won 4 in a row.

Same for me, I have been rank 5 by early Wednesday night the previous 2 weeks, last night I ended the night at 4.3...  It does seem tougher this week, probably less people putting in the time as they are not hitting the league they think they should be in. I say again, they need to get rid of the sliding scale BS and stick with flat 10,25,50% if they want this mode to survive more than one season.

My experience:

The Batchat catches fire 100% of the time you do not have a auto fire extinguisher equipped.

The Batchat never catches fire when you have an auto fire extinguisher equipped.

Strategy: For ranks 1-3, run Maus. Do damage and get chevrons guaranteed. Higher ranks 3-5 require flexibility. Especially when the purples get into wolfpacks, you don't get a chance to get any damage in. Run a MT.

Do not run TD's unless it is a fast brawler. Sniper TD's have the lowest xp factor. Arty, go for stun maximization. Rake in xp if your team is half competent. GL.

Strategy: For ranks 1-3, run Maus. Do damage and get chevrons guaranteed. Higher ranks 3-5 require flexibility. Especially when the purples get into wolfpacks, you don't get a chance to get any damage in. Run a MT.

Do not run TD's unless it is a fast brawler. Sniper TD's have the lowest xp factor. Arty, go for stun maximization. Rake in xp if your team is half competent. GL.

My choices are T110E5, T110E4 & IS-7. Not the best line up to compete at the higher ranks. Working on getting a few more tier X's...

After some milling around at rank 1, I reeled off 6 straight victories to get rank 3.That's it for me in this round. I have better uses for my credits.