Sign in to follow this  
Cpl_Maida

Thoughts on Ranked Battles

Yep, just looked and here's how it broke down after the second stage this morning.

League 1  Top       44 pts.  76.57%

Bottom  14 pts.  69.92%

League 2  Top        14 pts.  69.11%

Bottom   11 pts.  68.32%

League 3  Top        11 pts.  68.14%

Bottom     9 pts.. 67.78%

Tell me 2 things... Not rank points, but their place in the list.

What is the place of the highest ranked person in league 2?

What is the place of the lowest person with at least 8 points?  Nevermind, I can figure that out from the first question.

From that I can figure out the rest.

Tell me 2 things... Not rank points, but their place in the list.

What is the place of the highest ranked person in league 2?

What is the place of the lowest person with at least 8 points?  Nevermind, I can figure that out from the first question.

From that I can figure out the rest.

League 1  Top       1st

Bottom  177th

League 2  Top        178th

Bottom   442nd

League 3  Top        443rd

Bottom    884th

Right now there are 1770 players w/ 8 pts.

League 1  Top       1st

Bottom  177th

League 2  Top        178th

Bottom   442nd

League 3  Top        443rd

Bottom    884th

Crap nevermind.....

I need to know the place of the lowest ranked player with 6 pts currently. However that number is impossible to get right now b/c they aren't in the list at all. The list is filtered to only 8+ pts. Next chance to get a really good projection of the cutoffs would be Sunday night, before they get reset on Mon morning.

Does anyone with a total 6 pts last night remember what place they where in?

That would be me, and I have never checked my ranking, honestly I am not even sure how to check it.

Go to statistics in the WoT client and then select ranked battles in the dropdown and it'll give you a link to the leaderboard.   Only Belarusians can get that convoluted.

I went to bed firmly into gold, I get up this morning in I am now silver because of some bullshit sliding scale math? So top 10%/25%/50% is bullshit, it's some sliding week to week scale?  Welp, that will kill this mode in one season. I will finish the season, I will finish gold because I busted my bum to get the points I got and I will not do it again. Too much time and effort (and credits) for the pay out. I enjoyed the mode when I thought I was getting somewhere and getting to test my skills against the best, but the sinkhole isn't worth it. 

I went to bed firmly into gold, I get up this morning in I am now silver because of some bullshit sliding scale math? So top 10%/25%/50% is bullshit, it's some sliding week to week scale?  Welp, that will kill this mode in one season. I will finish the season, I will finish gold because I busted my bum to get the points I got and I will not do it again. Too much time and effort (and credits) for the pay out. I enjoyed the mode when I thought I was getting somewhere and getting to test my skills against the best, but the sinkhole isn't worth it. 

I'm betting the revolt from the 99% of ranked players that get shafted, along with reinforcing the mantra that iEquipment is for unicums only - will probably change the ranking system after the beta season to be a little more generous.  Unless this whole thing is just a backhanded way to beta test skill based MM and they never intended for it to play out long term.

I believe the rank that you're seeing now is based on this weeks standings (today being day 1). So each point you get this week will improve your standing without the scale moving again until next week. It's basically like starting at the beginning, but you have a head start over all those below you.

If that is correct, the scale will move one more time next Sunday night/Monday morning. You will drop again and then work your way into what ever spot you can muster throughout the week. And that should be where you end up in the standings next Sunday night.