Sign in to follow this  
Cpl_Maida

Thoughts on Ranked Battles

Started at 2.0 last night and called it good at 3.2. Actually had a good night for wins so I won't complain.

I wasn't so lucky... Was at the top for almost every win. Losses usually placed me in the middle. Almost every match was a one sided blowout. I had no close matches. 

Still stuck at rank 2.

If I got 2 chevrons for every time I finished in the top 3 on the winning side, I'd almost be rank 5 by now... lol

I wasn't so lucky... Was at the top for almost every win. Losses usually placed me in the middle. Almost every match was a one sided blowout. I had no close matches. 

Still stuck at rank 2.

If I got 2 chevrons for every time I finished in the top 3 on the winning side, I'd almost be rank 5 by now... lol

Learn to CHAI snipe like a boss.

Learn to CHAI snipe like a boss.

Lol... only tier X's I have are the E5, E4 and IS7. I'm making them work for the most part, but brawling the Maus' and Type 5's is a lot harder post thier buffs and E5 nerfs. I can't sit and wait for the E5 to always come out of battle so I've been using the E4 quite a bit with mixed results. Mostly positive, but it's harder to get the chevrons in a loss than the E5. Very frustrating when the E4 bounces a round that has ~300mm pen or a gold round that is closer 400mm pen and you have to wait for ~16s to reload. I had one match where I bounced the front of another E4 4 times in a row from 400m.

I may run the IS7 more tonight, but I've found it the most expensive to run because of the lack of pen with the AP rounds.

CHAI sniping doesn't work. It's based on EXP, not damage (WN8). So meta is either get the bonus for proximity (brawlers get bonus) for the damage you do OR for assist (track/stun). It's a good habit anyway to track your enemies as half the xp goes to you and it makes them easier to kill anyway.

CHAI sniping does the opposite. TD's are at a disadvantage because they share half their xp with their spotters. Still, damage from afar gives you xp which is better than nothing if you are in the back.

My evening started off great, 2 wins, 2 chevrons straight to rank 3.1... then...it happened... 6 straight losses complete with chevrons gone... all the way back to rank 1.   :dry

I took a step back and thought about what I was doing wrong and which tanks I should be using. I took Quickybaby's advice and I switched to the Kran, running it pretty much exclusively. I reached the end of the night at 4.5. The Kran was an excellent choice. I did lose money, but not as much as I had in the past week. I shot gold where I needed it and AP where I didn't. The only time I struggled was when I had to face off with a Maus or Type 5 which was rare as I avoided them when I could. I went where I thought the mediums would go and bullied them.   :2thumbs

I also ran the Kran just for kicks... moderate success... went from 1.0 to 2.2 in a pretty close to straight run... then two disasters and back to 2.0. For sure map dependancies... but usually can find some kind of hull down in the midst of either a heavy or med push... and if you get a map like redfields... game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redfields BEST MAP

I went 6 of 6 last night, which put me at 3.4.

What were you running? 907?

Yep.

Next 907 campaign... we should really try to get a few more in the clan... If that ever happens again.