Sign in to follow this  
Vikinger

Arty N00B needs advice.

Artillery - Which Nation to Choose?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Nation for Arty, post 9.18? (you can select more than one)

• USA
    • Russia
    • Germany
    • UK
    • France
    • The only good arty is a dead arty.

Dads,

Which arty line is the one to target post 9.18?

I am an arty N00B. 

I haven't made it past Tier 5 on any arty tree so I'm essentially starting from scratch no matter what I pick. 

What are your thoughts?

Keep in mind this is solely in order to progress in the mission tree... 

Thanks,

Vik

Dads,

Which arty line is the one to target post 9.18?

I am an arty N00B.

I haven't made it past Tier 5 on any arty tree so I'm essentially starting from scratch no matter what I pick.

What are your thoughts?

Keep in mind this is solely in order to progress in the mission tree...

Thanks,

Vik

Stop playing arty

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Stop playing arty

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ha!

I had a feeling you might be the first to respond. 

#5 and #6 are there just for you.

For the missions, and assuming moderate tiers (6-8 ish) then probably US or French. 

For tier 6, F3 vs M44

Damage and stun time - F3 at 12 sec minimum, 700 damage (M44 6.7 sec min, 550 damage)
Rate of fire - M44

Dispersion - F3

Check the mission requirements, I think you want stun time, splash radius, and damage in that order now.

Ayle

I've done the British all the way. The tiers 5,6, and 10 were awesome. The others were bad unless shooting gold, then they were only okay.

I'm not sure how things might have changed with the stun mechanic. I wouldn't be surprised if things are shaken up, with some previously bad SPGs being good and vice versa. So giving opinions at this point are difficult. I doubt that many have replayed the all of the SPGs in a line.

You guys bring up good points. 

It may be too soon to tell....

But, looking at the missions they do seem to be mostly about stun and damage assistance. 

I am hoping that I won't have to progress past Tier 8.

Right now I'm leaning French.

It seems a toss up with USA as far as gun handling but I like the idea of being mobile and relocating to assist the front line..... 

FYI, Us arty are very mobile. They have a good mix of big splash, mobility, and enough accuracy.

I did all 3 sets or arty missions pre 9.18 solely with the US line Tiers 6-9.

I have played very limited arty. Previously I had only tried the russian line and stopped at tier 4 as it was an absolutely horrid performer. Just before the patch as I was exploring the US light line I saw it has a jump to the tier 4 Arty so I tried that on a whim,. Before the patch I had a GREAT time with it. Multiple 1 shot kills and a few short cackles of laughter might have been heard from me over  it. I feel so dirty now.

After the 9.18 patch. tier 4 US is pretty much nerfed. If there are any lights or fast mediums around you can expect to die quickly as they rush to find the arty. There is no real stun and the damage is pathetic, much like it was in tier 4 russian when I stopped even thinking about arty. Tier 5 US is "OK" the damage nerf is still substantial but there is now limited stun and the reload time is almost playable. Again if there are a herd of lights do not figure to live longer than the first minute or so of play depending on map and how many potatoes are on your team. The MM changes have really been significant in lowering the level of play recently as so many games are blowouts now at tier 4, 5 and 6.

I just got the tier 6 US arty and am still dealing with a nerfed damage issue and absurdly long reload times given the alpha nerf. If top tier you can have some nice games again as long as there is not a herd of lights. If there are more than just a couple lights on the other side you can figure that there will be a concerted rush to your base to kill arty and slow TD's.

In short the only time you will have anything resembling the old style of arty fun is if your team is on the winning side of the very numerous blowouts.

After making a return to WoT, I have been playing with the Us t2 and t3 arty.  The t3 is new to me, and so is the new sighting mechanic.  I am adjusting.  Seems to be like it was around 0.7.x  good luck hitting anything, do massive damage when your 1 in 10 shots hits, or miss by 3 miles otherwise.

I'm really trying to wrap my head around my Tier X arty since 9.18.  So far, my overall impression is disappointment.  I had high hopes for it initially, but those hopes have waned.  I'll return to it after I'm done grinding these lights out.