Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

joey791 : (24 April 2017 - 11:27 PM)

Welcome to the forums sgt. flint :)

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:38 PM)

Hey All......anyone out there from 2 years ago remember me?

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:39 PM)

just started playing WOT again and looking for a clan or group

bergsteiger : (25 April 2017 - 08:31 AM)

Crazy night. Got all my wins AFTER I quit tooning. Very unusual.

The_Dad : (25 April 2017 - 08:36 AM)

similar experience last night... all my wins were BEFORE I started platooning

NeoGP : (25 April 2017 - 10:25 AM)

Hey Flint!

xtc4 : (25 April 2017 - 11:28 AM)

With new mm, having good players at the top of the list seems to make a huge difference. And platooning seems to almost always put you at bottom of the list. So perhaps it makes sense that you good players are winning when playing solo.

Archaic : (25 April 2017 - 11:14 PM)

Yes, platoons seem to be pretty gimped with 3-5-7

sgt. flint : (26 April 2017 - 02:12 AM)

Hey Neo, yes i remember you. any others from the old crew still running?

NeoGP : (26 April 2017 - 10:17 AM)

not sure man..I haven't played wot in 2+ years, alot of changes throughout the 5 clans

SGrant7 : (26 April 2017 - 12:05 PM)

Haven't been on much in the last few days, but are 2 man platoons fairing much better?

bergsteiger : (26 April 2017 - 02:38 PM)

Platooning doesn't seem as big of an issue as Tier 8s. Don't think I've had a single game that I was top tier in an VIII

joey791 : (27 April 2017 - 04:13 PM)

Welcome to the forums Old_Fart_63 :)

Old_Fart_63 : (27 April 2017 - 04:27 PM)

Heading back to the front, I'll check in later

PastorGordon : (27 April 2017 - 11:12 PM)

Check out the Buy, Sell, Trade forums... Dad's Hideout T-Shirts available now for a short time!

SGrant7 : (28 April 2017 - 07:43 AM)

Happy Friday Dads!

bergsteiger : (28 April 2017 - 09:05 AM)

Friday indeed!

Talisker : (28 April 2017 - 12:55 PM)

Friday :bnb

Old_Fart_63 : (28 April 2017 - 05:04 PM)

I've done two rooms in my home with bamboo and it worked great, Just remember to leave that space for swelling of flooring. Can't really add anything to what has already been said.

Old_Fart_63 : (28 April 2017 - 05:05 PM)

The new laminate flooring "No nails" is a big change in flooring and it looks beautiful

Photo

A calm perspective

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Crawdad59

Crawdad59

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

https://youtu.be/5cgWeXURqVY

Someone that does not rant rave and cry. One can agree or disagree without being an azz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signature.png

#2 Kilo

Kilo

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:33 AM

Zeven is one of my favorites, and I think he's spot on with his thoughts on the patch. Everyone should take the time to watch this.

On a side note, in all the years I've been watching him, I've never seen him rage once; i.e. "It's only a video game"

#3 Plik

Plik

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • WoT ID:Plik

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

Zeven is one of my favorites, and I think he's spot on with his thoughts on the patch. Everyone should take the time to watch this.

On a side note, in all the years I've been watching him, I've never seen him rage once; i.e. "It's only a video game"

The closest I've come to seeing him rage was during a replay review of a bluenicum who sat back and let his team die while sniping in an IS-7.

Posted Image

#4 _CHILL_

_CHILL_

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Real first name:Wayne
  • Xbox:CHLL69
  • PSN:CHILL1969
  • Steam:_ch1ll_
  • WoT ID:_CHILL_

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

seems to me that wargaming has been rushing everything lately.

they have released more premiums recently than ever before(including premiums that have been nothing but painted a different color) and the way they went about the whole light tank introduction by waiting until the last minute to tell us how the XP was staying at tier 8 so we would either have to regrind or CONVERT XP WITH GOLD to get the new tier 10 lights kinda gives me the feeling they are trying to milk this game as fast as they can before it dies........does anyone else get that feeling?

and releasing this update to just NA makes me feel like they consider us nothing but a cash cow and not as valuable as the other regions.

Posted Image

#5 Cpl_Maida

Cpl_Maida

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

The closest I've come to seeing him rage was during a replay review of a bluenicum who sat back and let his team die while sniping in an IS-7.

Was that you? ;)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Cpl_Maida
"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."

signature.png

BOOM1_zpsyyeztqbo.gif

#6 Cpl_Maida

Cpl_Maida

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Just watched. I made this point on slack the other day. Meds are somehow MORE meta after 9.18.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Cpl_Maida
"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."

signature.png

BOOM1_zpsyyeztqbo.gif

#7 Geek_Verve

Geek_Verve

Squad Leader

• Squad Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

seems to me that wargaming has been rushing everything lately.

they have released more premiums recently than ever before(including premiums that have been nothing but painted a different color) and the way they went about the whole light tank introduction by waiting until the last minute to tell us how the XP was staying at tier 8 so we would either have to regrind or CONVERT XP WITH GOLD to get the new tier 10 lights kinda gives me the feeling they are trying to milk this game as fast as they can before it dies........does anyone else get that feeling?

and releasing this update to just NA makes me feel like they consider us nothing but a cash cow and not as valuable as the other regions.

The xp staying at tier 8 didn't bother me much. After all, you're still just as close to tier 10 as you were before - closer, as now you actually have a path to get there. More importantly I was grinding through the 13 90 on my way to the BatChat. If they had locked my xp in to the LT line, that's what would have pissed me off. As for the cash cow vibe - meh, first world problems. Nobody is forcing me to buy tanks with the fancy paint jobs.

All things considered I think it's going to work out ok. Tier 10 LTs will get buffed (or there will be a general view range rebalance), and everything will end up working out way better than if they had released them OP and let everyone grind up to them only to nerf them later. Sure, in a perfect world they get it right the first time, but when does that ever happen?

I do agree with Zeven, in that they are trying to do way too much all at once and with too little testing. Evidently on the test server, you had to play every other available tank once, before you were even allowed to play a tier 10 LT.

Posted Image

#8 ncpinz

ncpinz

Assassin

• Tanker Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

The test server has always been crappy.  Too many premium rounds and top tier tanks to adequately test much of anything.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My son...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users