Sign in to follow this  
SilntMercy

TeamSpeak official rules? (see discussion post)

Question

(ADMIN EDIT) Please go here to discuss issues/problems/solutions for teamspeak: http://dadshideout.com/IPS/index.php?/topic/18121-teamspeak-discussion/
I will be happy to garner up what we need and why we need it so we can put it before those who pay the bills (END ADMIN EDIT)

Do we have an official set of rules for TS? Most everyone knows the rules about not having political conversations.

Some of the questions being asked are things like can I bring in a toon mate that is not a member of DHO? Can I bring someone in if this person is of the opposite gender? Can I bring someone in for toon if they are the child of a member but play in a different clan? Is there anyway someone can allow current members the ability to create channels for private toons? Can there be guest/diplo channel's setup?

Maybe someone from admin level set this up?

The official rules read like the site rules.  pretty much this: http://dadshideout.com/IPS/index.php?/topic/8446-teamspeak-server-info/?p=176771  Posted by Amos before his departure.

As it was put to me years ago, We do not allow guests--persons not registered to this site--on the site funded server.  And yes, this question has come up a time or 12 in the past, the answer has remained as unchanged as the password to log in. It has not been a popular answer in the past, and will probably be a sore point in the future, but the owner(s) and admin(s) of this site make the rules.

Feel free to PM admins with question and justification - then we can look into it.

The official answer is no guests. Children of members are allowed, but they're to be in DHO5. Anyone can make a private temporary room.

The simplest solution would be to have a guest lobby and eliminate the password for the server. Set up each login with permissions to enter restricted channels. Takes a little bit more work on part of the admins, but I'm pretty sure we're not even close to capacity on the TS server.

OTHERWISE, you can use Discord as it is free and no restrictions, but you can't "hide" the chat.

I still don't think the permissions are setup correctly to allow everyone to create a temp room. I can't make the necessary permission changes.

I think Deo is referring to when DHO-X members were allowed to create rooms and change room names but didn't realize most other users could not.

I don't want to offer opinions on the set up if grant is just going to lock the thread ;-)

I think Deo is referring to when DHO-X members were allowed to create rooms and change room names but didn't realize most other users could not.

I don't want to offer opinions on the set up if grant is just going to lock the thread ;-)

There's nothing unique to DHO-X members.  Everything is based on admin privileges.  I don't recall the names of the 4 groups but essentially you have system admins (Hapa, Laspher, etc.), junior Admins (Me, grant, a handful of others), clan leaders (any CO/XOs), and the rest of the dads. 

WoT has enabled legionnaires in a number of game formats as well as dynamic platoons which is leading to Holsy's question regarding looking at the existing structure and modifying it to enable temporary access to the server.  If anything comes of it I'm sure we'll share. 

Last time I checked, normal and commander permissions couldn't create temp rooms and this was commented upon to me recently as there was an announcement that everyone could now create temp rooms.

I checked the Discord guest permissions and they can see the Announcement and Welcome channels; read and comment on the Tanks and Chill channel and the Requests/Complaints channel; and only use the two Guest voice channels. I think that is a good compromise for allowing guests and keeping most DHO content private.