Sign in to follow this  
Granitebeard

Hood tease or truth??

The only problem is that wargaming needs to fix its penetration mechanics - until they scale the "real life" pen numbers to the in game short ranges, unless you are German "brawling" armor, no BB line is gonna have a chance.  

I do agree that penetration needs a good looking at. I don't really feel that the Germans have that much of an edge. Perhaps it is just me. I do feel that they are by far the most tanky BBs out there, but that makes them weak to good long range-ish shots that hit the superstructure/deck for good pens and the occasional citadel.

If they keep the "good" sigma of the Warspite, despite the distance the guns are apart, she should hit hard. I forget if she had the modified guns or was using the same super shot that the Warspite uses. At the same time her secondary hitting power is slightly weak, so I hope she kept her torps even if they haven't listed them in that tease.

I think they'll take key's off the Warspite... the thing they need to fix probably with the Hood though is that detonation after the first incoming salvo problem.....

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/123492-hms-hood-preview-vanilla-but-comfortable-for-just-about-everyone/

Take a look at the item shown around 41 seconds. Looks like a Unrotated projectile launcher (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unrotated_projectile)

I will probably buy her, but it will be interesting to see how she does. And the UP will be interesting as they were considered trash very quickly.

There are problems with the Hood at this time.  Jingles talks about it in here:

sounds like the guns are too short a range, the rudder swing is garbage and its a super CV target.  He even says the ship MIGHT be good at Tier VI but at Tier VII it sucks.

Yea I don't watch much on youtube over 15min so I haven't watched that review, but have heard there are many unhappy people. DF seems weak on her, she turns huge, range is meh, and pen is worse as shells are slower then Warspite, plus while a strong BC she is still the light weight for armor at tier 7. Again it will be interesting to see what changes before she is released, and how she is after.

its not a review, he mentions about it, he said he didn't want to do a review since WG historically keeps changing ships after they have reviewed them lol, but overall he didn't like it...