Sign in to follow this  
DB4100

Okhotnik

This ship just came up for sale today and I just bought it.  It kicked so much butt, and at $14.99, a bargain deal.  Here are screen shots of my second game after buying her, with zero captain points, and no upgrades.  I have a feeling this ship will be considered OP and won't be back for sale again like the Gremy and Nikolai.  It has 7 deck guns with a 8% chance for fire with HE, and TWELVE torpedo tubes.  You have been warned.....

post-32633-0-34870100-1489411865_thumb.jpg

post-32633-0-83102200-1489411889_thumb.jpg

post-32633-0-03599600-1489411915_thumb.jpg

On paper, the Russian DDs look pretty pathetic. I looked at this but don't really need a Russian trainer since I already have the Molotov. Am I wrong about Russian DDs in general?

On paper, the Russian DDs look pretty pathetic. I looked at this but don't really need a Russian trainer since I already have the Molotov. Am I wrong about Russian DDs in general?

Your paper must be upside down or something.

I guess I am looking at the limited number of guns and ultra-short range on torps. Only played up to tier 3, which I understand doesn't give me the best idea of the line, but I hated them compared to US and Japanese destroyers up to that tier.

Russian DDs are gunboats.  High speed, low detection range, guns that shoot fast with low arcs, and HE that you burn you down.  The torpedoes are short ranged, but still pack a wallop.  I love the Leningrad, and I can get it's top speed up to over 48 knots.  And, the Leningrad has 8km range torps too boot.  By comparison, the USN DD's guns have shorter range and have those high rainbow arcs making it difficult to hit the targets at long ranges.  IJN guns are weak and inaccurate.   The Gremy is a little monster, as I can invisi-fire and burn BBs down without being shot at.  The Gremy has 8km torps too.  Russian DDs are a different style of play using mostly guns.

Russian DDs are gunboats.  High speed, low detection range, guns that shoot fast with low arcs, and HE that you burn you down.  The torpedoes are short ranged, but still pack a wallop.  I love the Leningrad, and I can get it's top speed up to over 48 knots.  And, the Leningrad has 8km range torps too boot.  By comparison, the USN DD's guns have shorter range and have those high rainbow arcs making it difficult to hit the targets at long ranges.  IJN guns are weak and inaccurate.   The Gremy is a little monster, as I can invisi-fire and burn BBs down without being shot at.  The Gremy has 8km torps too.  Russian DDs are a different style of play using mostly guns.

Got it. Thank you.

So, now that these are out and I've faced a few, I am not interested... Too easily deleted due to their size and detection range and horrible turn rates.   Yeah, they can hit hard and I see them as great DD hunters but I just don't see it as one I'd play a lot, and that's important to me on premium ships.   About the only way I could see them improved is if they make better smoke screens for it (last longer etc) as it's obviously built as a gun boat.