Sign in to follow this  
bergsteiger

French Cruisers

Only thing I've heard is that they will be fast and have access to the speed boost consumable.

Only thing I've heard is that they will be fast and have access to the speed boost consumable.

Very nice. I feel like WoWs does a much better job of making lines play similar throughout the tiers, as well as making classes play distinctly. Looking forward to the rework of lines in WoT.

Only 3 games in the Friant so far but like this line. Haven't been citadled yet and had a nice 50K game two nights ago thanks to 3 torps that hit a Nikolai broadside. Gun reload could be quicker but so far, fun to play.

These things are very interesting.  They have a very high Fire chance - at tier 6 it is 12-14% (I can't remember off the top of my head.  The Cleaveland is only 6or8%.  
More importantly, the tier 3 & 4 french cruisers have insane forward firing arcs.  I am able to turn into enemy BB's and get torps off at them.  They see me coming so they turn broadside thinking they can kill me..... but I then launch torps and sail at them to keep them distracted.  Did 100k damage in a tier 3 that way!

I think they are interesting to say the least. I feel they are fragile, but have pissed off a far few BBs by being broadside and the over pened bad. I feel the can do great damage, and second to the Brit cruisers are very accurate. I love to hate these ships.