Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Teknophyl: Dad in the Spotlight July 30th - Aug. 3rd

Wow El, really great first day.  This is going to be a great week.  You know, you could always turn your xbox on and just hop in a party with us and chat while you play whatever system.  Had a few dads that would do this with Playstation or PC.  Heck, Magma used to turn on his Xbox just to chat while he was taking care of River.  Wouldn't even be playing.  Yesterday, Chase was laughing because we had like 6 people in a party and everybody was playing something different, just shooting the sh**.

I can't believe you can't burp.  I wish my wife couldn't burp.  She is horrible after having soda.  :lol  My dad had some kind of gastrol problem as a baby as well and they had to seal up his belly button.  He has no belly button, just a smooth patch of skin that they grafted from somewhere else on his body.  But he can belch just fine on his own.  He doesn't even know what it is/was, but he's pretty normal digestive wise.

Really cool all the people you've met too.  Gives you an idea of who is a di** and who is down to Earth not letting celebrity status get to them.

I won't hold you accountable for Rosie Perez, but she is without a doubt the only offender in that group, but she is really bad.  Haha.  I just hate that voice.

Guest blipadouzi

Thanks. This is an actual place in Burlington. No one wants to admit why this is so hilarious. And no one can tell me why it's named this way.

400px-2008-08-22_Cum_Park_Plaza_in_Burlington.jpg

Cum Park Plaza was built by a real estate tycoon in Burlington. His name was Mr. Hugh Cummings. He went in halves with a Mr Parker.. Cummings Parker..badly shortened. CUM PARK.

Great write up. Looking forward to future installments.

Guest Renovatio 42

Great write-up for the first day, Tek! I'll save my questions until Friday but I'll looking forward to the rest of your week!  :2thumbs

:lol:fap:mangoo a definitely hot spot plaza to go. Great right up El, Dude that is scary life moment you had man, glad you escaped and eluded death. I guess the payback from death was to much gas, hell man I would take that as a blessing so I can do the lighter and the fart torch multiple times without waiting for gas buildup :lol

Great write up! I should be able to "borrow" your section on games you play if I ever do the spotlight thing, with the exception of the Halo parts.  :lol

Tuesday-Tell us about your family

I'm going on 12 years in December with my second and final wife. We have a 4 year old and a 2.5 year old, Christian and EJ, short for Elliot James. I'll post a picture of them all in the family section at some point. They both have a combination of my wife's straight blonde hair and my wavy Latino hair, which means they go to day care every day looking like they have bedhead. Rambunctious little guys. It's interesting, because they are both a product of our parenting mistakes - I was very tense and high strung during Christian's first year or so and it kind of shows in his personality, EJ is more carefree and casual.

When I moved to Florida in 1996 it was with a crazy chick who had 3 kids of her own. I won't get into the details WHY I moved (that's for Thursday), but she was a complete nutcase and I actually met my current and last wife in an interview at Ruby Tuesdays. I was training for a restaurant manager position and she came in for an interview. She was actually being polite; she had already been offered a job at another restaurant and did not want to stand us up. Needless to say, she took the gig (of course I offered it, who wouldn't to a petite blonde blue eyed Southern chick) and we went out a week later... and here we are, in spite of what everyone in that restaurant said (they all thought we'd never make it, you know, a guy from the Bronx and a girl from Alabama).

Most of my immediate family is estranged unfortunately. My mom had 3 kids by the time she was 19, me the first born at 15, and dad was in the Army for most of our early years (but was around enough to make babies apparently). She was pissed off about being a mom on welfare and having a lousy childhood to begin with, and she pretty much took it out on me, my younger sister, and younger brother. I spent a lot of my first 10 years trying to dodge belts, fists, and broomsticks; actually, we all did. Around 10 or so my mom fell "in love" with Shirley Maclaine and she hopped on board with her whole jacked up cosmology and the hitting stopped but weird crap started in its place. We all didn't mind the talk about aliens coming down to save us all so long as we didn't get beat up anymore. I left home at 17 for college and except for coming back after I got kicked out, never looked back.

My sister lives in London with her 3rd husband. We don't speak; she is bipolar and it's unfortunately nearly impossible to have a focused conversation with her. My brother lives in Alabama and I've seen him and my niece once in the last 5 years. My mom met Christian the week he was born - she's never seen him again and still has not met EJ. Granted, they have all been invited over and over, they simply don't return my calls or emails or texts. It hurt for a while but we have lots more family here that love us and embrace us, so while it still stings, it's not something I think about every day.

And since that time, my dad and I have become super close. He loves his grandkids, we talk every day, and he has made an absolute turn around out of his life over the last 25+ years. He's actually been there for my sister and my brother and I during some tough times individually while my mom pretty much gave us all the finger once we were legal to live on our own... except for my brother, who over the years a strong relationship has developed over reasons I don't want to get into. But since I've been pretty much disowned by her my dad and I have been in touch every day, and its great. He's also a gamer, but a lousy one... PC mostly. I have 2 half brothers, who are great, but they are MUCH younger (25 and 19) and they live in a totally different world back in the Bronx. I love them very much, but we don't have much in common to talk about except for gaming and computers.

I live a mile down the street from my sister in law, my brother in law, and their 3 kids, all of which are older. My 2 nephews are big time gamers, and my niece who is the oldest is going to be a chemical engineering major at Vanderbilt, was a state champion gymnast, and is gorgeous. I am so glad I didn't have girls.

Sucks about your mom and siblings being idiots. Cool you and your dad reconnected though :woot

I wouldn't know why you wouldn't want a gorgeous daughter who is smart, a gymnast, and apparently either loaded or knows how to apply for things in going to Vanderbilt. :lmao2

Man, that is a crazy life it seems.  The way you started out and all with your upbringing, I would say you were destined for failure at that point in any relationship, but you've pushed on and managed to do really good.  How's your wife's family?  Do you all get along?  Seems like you are in touch with the family that you can manage to get along with, and it's not like the others are out of contact because of lack of trying.  We are all different and it's understandable that not everyone is going to get along with everyone else, and sometimes that is family.

Well, now I'm looking forward more to Thursday than tomorrow.  Haha.  It'll be here soon enough though.

Great write up man, crazy childhood, but hearing you here and around the forums it sounds like you risen above it all with a good head on your shoulders and a great wife !!  :2thumbs

looking forward to all of the rest !