Sign in to follow this  
Granitebeard

To Mustus or not to Mutsu

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/glass-cannons/

Current RL matters make this a tough thing to justify on my part, but seems like it would be an OK ship. Guns can hurt my Warspite, but the Warspite can citadel it pretty easily (I fought one before so I know).

I'm thinking no. Not interested in IJN BBs (on Fuso) and I just bought Dunkerque for cheaper, which included 30 days premium and 50 Zulu Hotel flags.

But is the Texas a better ship tier for tier than the Dunkerque?

Not sure, but the potential credit earning from tier V to tier VI has to make Dunkerque a better buy.

What is the difference in credit earning potential from tier V to VI? Is there a formula? Like x 1.5 credits for tier 5 and 1.6 for tier 6? According to WoW assistant the avg dmg is 8k higher for Dunkereque but the win rate is .4% less. Wonder how that factors in as well. Always curious about that kind of thing.

You get more credits and XP for what you do in battle as you move up tiers. Damaging a tier VIII is worth more then damaging a tier III, so having a tier VI, which will fight many tier VIIs and VIIIs, should always earn more then a tier V. You can make a lot of credits with regular high tier ships but it is offset by the high costs to run those ships.

Also, XP is affected by winning or losing, but I think you get the same amount of credits either way.

First: MUTSU, I love this ship, But I am good in BB's....  Its got good armor, guns hit hard! BAD AA but at that tier who cares..

Second: Between Dunq and Tex, there is ZERO competition.  DUNQ all the way.... its bow is OP...  I've bounced NC's and Amagi's from the front.....

Mutsu Is a very good ship if you know haw to use her. Her guns will pen the bow of most ships you'll face except in a T8 match. Range is great and even better with the scout plane. Of course you cant give up your sides but other than German BBs thats any ship.