Sign in to follow this  
bockie

Captain Builds

I was hoping to start a thread specifically targeted towards Captain Builds with the new skillsets.

This will start as a brain dump but I hope to get it organized.

Please offer any suggestions for skill sets for any/all ships.

Thanks

--Bockie

Captains can have up to 19 points.

Random Clan talk in Teamspeak about skills:

Inertia Fuse and Demolition Expert - Works well for German BB and all Cruisers.

Last Stand - Must for DD

Generic DD Spoiler

Tier 1 - Preventative maintenance (1 Total)

Tier 2 - Last Stand (3 Total)

CV Spoiler

Tier 1 - Aircraft Servicing Expert (1 Total)
Tier 2 - Expert Rear Gunner (3 Total)

Tier 3 - Emergency Takeoff (6 Total)

Tier 4 - Air Supremacy (10 Total)
Tier 4 - Fire Prevention (14 Total)
Tier 2 - High Alert (16 Total)

--then--

Tier 1 - Dogfighting Expert (Spec Specific) (17 Total)
Tier 2 - Torpedo Acceleration (Spec Specific) (19 Total)

--or--

Tier 3 - Torpedo Armament Expertise / Demo Expert (Spec Specific) (19 Total)

Outside Link:

General http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/72004-captain-skills-distribution-guide-for-060/

IJN Cruiser http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/112993-60-ijn-cruiser-skills/

Concealment expert and smoke expert for US dd's... I layed some CRAZY smoke screens today in my Gearing.... also put the long range torps on the Gearing and get the skill that increases speed but decreases range... you get 71KNT 13km range torps...

Is the smoke expert really that worth it?   I took it on one Jap DD, but after thinking about it, it'd work well if you're putting a couple ships in a division together and want a nice screen to work off of, but if you're running single then the only advantage I see is it makes  the screen a little bigger to move around in to avoid people sighting your muzzles if you're invsi-firing.  

I'm thinking I'll use it on my Brit cruiser captains to give me a bigger screen due to the bigger ships.

Is the smoke expert really that worth it?   I took it on one Jap DD, but after thinking about it, it'd work well if you're putting a couple ships in a division together and want a nice screen to work off of, but if you're running single then the only advantage I see is it makes  the screen a little bigger to move around in to avoid people sighting your muzzles if you're invsi-firing.  

I'm thinking I'll use it on my Brit cruiser captains to give me a bigger screen due to the bigger ships.

Decided to try it on my primary Brit cruiser captain. I think it is worthwhile for them; just a little more area to move around in seems helpful.

Besides that line...maybe US DDs; I think their smoke lasts for a long time so covering an even larger area could be nice for you and your team.

I think US dd's and British Cruisers benefit the most for the reasons listed above: brits can better hide, and US lays a HUGE line of smoke that lasts a good long while.  Most other DD's have smoke for personal use - but if you know how to lay screens for friendlies (even in pubs) it might be worth it.  Hide you BB or carrier from air attack, cover a gap so your team can get to the cap without being spotted, stuff like that.  

Warspite builds?

I've got the two secondary upgrades (Slot 1 and 2) and skills for secondaries, although I don't think I'll go with Manual Secondaries. I believe my secondary range is out to 7.2 km.

Current build:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000100000000010000000100019

This is my Warspite although I don't have secondary modules/upgrades sticking with accuracy. I am not sure it is the best and am still working on everything before really wanting to post what I do. Thinking about trying to drop something(s) to get superintendent.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000011100010100010000000100019

This is my Warspite although I don't have secondary modules/upgrades sticking with accuracy. I am not sure it is the best and am still working on everything before really wanting to post what I do. Thinking about trying to drop something(s) to get superintendent.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000011100010100010000000100019

Great, thanks.

Wow, you're really going for survivability.

Granite - I am aiming for the build you have there.  I would suggest using a premium damage repair and don't pick up the superintendent.  The skill points are better used elsewhere in my opinion.  Plus the damage repair flag helps make up the gap.