Kontrole

Chronicles of Elyria

Hey all,

So a different type of MMO is in the works.  Still in pre-alpha stage, but I am pretty excited about this one.  Its not your typical MMO, its meant for the more mature crowd.  Its called Chronicles of Elyria and claims to have the ambition of being the most dynamic open world and immersive mmo that incorporates a closed economy, finite resources, non-repeatable quests and a fully destructible environment.

Set in middle ages type environment, it will also incorporate a player led feudal system. You can check it out at:  http://chroniclesofelyria.com/

I really cant do the depth of the developers plans justice in one forum post, you really need to check it out.  Plenty of youtube streams already as well.  https://youtu.be/Pb1JcO645BA

There is potential for any DHO members to band together in the same town, guild or organization. or if someone is very interested in financially backing the game, packages include nobility from Count through Duke to King!  DHO could be its own kingdom!  I have done the Baron package so will have my own town when it comes out.  All that are interested are welcome to settle there!

In any case, if you are interested and want to join in any capacity, please use my friend code as it helps me out.  When registering type: 13A340

If you don't, that's ok too! just let me know what you think of the game!

Kontrole

Hey all,

So a different type of MMO is in the works.  Still in pre-alpha stage, but I am pretty excited about this one.  Its not your typical MMO, its meant for the more mature crowd.  Its called Chronicles of Elyria and claims to have the ambition of being the most dynamic open world and immersive mmo that incorporates a closed economy, finite resources, non-repeatable quests and a fully destructible environment.

Set in middle ages type environment, it will also incorporate a player led feudal system. You can check it out at:  http://chroniclesofelyria.com/

I really cant do the depth of the developers plans justice in one forum post, you really need to check it out.  Plenty of youtube streams already as well.  https://youtu.be/Pb1JcO645BA

There is potential for any DHO members to band together in the same town, guild or organization. or if someone is very interested in financially backing the game, packages include nobility from Count through Duke to King!  DHO could be its own kingdom!  I have done the Baron package so will have my own town when it comes out.  All that are interested are welcome to settle there!

In any case, if you are interested and want to join in any capacity, please use my friend code as it helps me out.  When registering type: 13A340

Kontrole

I signed up and used your friend code. I read a bunch about this game, it sounds pretty interesting. This game doesn't appear to be in beta yet, and the FAQ sounds like the game has been in development since at least 2015? Any idea when it'll be released? I'm not a big fan of giving money to games that may never get released...

Certainty looks interesting. I may take a look at it.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Kontrole

Yeah, I'm hopeful for this game!

Sorry I can't help with your referral code, I had already pledged, but I'm happy to help build and man the walls of your town!

What will you call your town? Dhoville? Dadland? Vaterstadt? Villa De Padre?

I haven't followed their progress for a couple months. Any recent news?

I signed up and used your friend code. I read a bunch about this game, it sounds pretty interesting. This game doesn't appear to be in beta yet, and the FAQ sounds like the game has been in development since at least 2015? Any idea when it'll be released? I'm not a big fan of giving money to games that may never get released...

Thanks so much RH! No the game isnt in Beta yet, but the developers have published a time frame that steps through their timeline in a general sense.  No specific dates because they don't want to burn the community, but you can see that they have a definate plan for an orderly and well tested release.  In regards to your reservation about giving money to a developer that might not release, I can completely understand.  No real pressure to do so, if you don't want.  And while its not a guarantee, they have raised over 2M dollars.   https://chroniclesofelyria.com/shop

They also have made a point of protecting the investment of the early backers by taking serious steps to not allow someone to take your claim easily.  As a matter of fact they detail a 2 month process for those claims that are abandoned by their rightful owners!  https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/6549/DJ-18-Kingdom-Land-Management is a little taste on how they will manage that.  The good news though, is you can actually back for the price of a normal game if you want!  In any case, only do what you care comfortable with as its all about your entertainment and enjoyment!  Ill keep posting as as time draws closer we can "organize" for those that are interested.  Until then, the Dev blogs are a great place to learn!

Yeah, I'm hopeful for this game!

Sorry I can't help with your referral code, I had already pledged, but I'm happy to help build and man the walls of your town!

What will you call your town? Dhoville? Dadland? Vaterstadt? Villa De Padre?

I haven't followed their progress for a couple months. Any recent news?

Heya Vikinger!  No sweat at all about the friend code.  I am super excited to find others that have pledged!  There are some recent dev posts https://chroniclesofelyria.com/Blog In a lot of ways, this is similar to star citizen in the sense that they are more worried about getting it right, rather than getting it fast.  I have not yet aligned myself to a kingdom, as its early days and dont want to lock in a choice that later shows itself to be a poor alliance.  Ill keep ya'll posted on the town name, but have to admit that Villa De Padre made me chuckle.  We can use this forum to stay in touch with everyone as the game develops and eventually possible get a Discord channel going.  

For all that are interested, post here or shoot me a note on what you pledged or what you think you want to do in game and we can establish a network that benefits all.

- Kontrole

Is the game actually playable in any capacity yet? I saw that you have to pledge a fair amount to get into the Alpha builds. 

Not yet.  http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Development_Timeline  this is the general development timeline, and yes, it can be a fair amount.  Pledged the Baron/Mayor level myself.

Thanks for the timeline. It seems that even the "Prologue" phase is probably a ways off yet, and even that will only be offered to those who've invested "high influence" amounts of cash, etc.

The days of the free, playable demo to raise gamers' interest are gone forever. Now you have to pay to get a pre-alpha version of a demo of a game. I miss the old days ;)

Yeah, that's the difference between company produced games and crowd sourced now a days.  Its a trade off isn't it?  Crowd sourced you get more info on the process, and maybe a little more say of the game development because you get that info from the developers.  The devs on the other hand can control who tests in alpha by selling packages due to the dependence they have on raising money.

Company produced games are a different evil.  Beta (and sometimes alpha) can be free or by invitation only, but they generally are much more secretive about everything they do.  Thus the free Beta to generate interest. As an example, EA was notorious for ruining game companies by forcing them to develop away from what the game company wanted, because EA wanted its investment back quickly.

Good news for CoE is that they will demonstrate a playable demo at PAX East, and as people play during A/B/Exposition, you know that youtube will blow up.  Might help you decide if you want to jump in for a 40 buck package or more, or wait for the game release.

-Kontrole