Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

captainjaQ : (19 March 2017 - 04:06 AM)

sorry ps4 WOT clans?

joey791 : (19 March 2017 - 08:56 AM)

Welcome to the forums Wotb0t :)

SilntMercy : (19 March 2017 - 09:20 AM)

captainjaQ, I honestly don't know if we have a PS4 clan for WoT. I know there is a playstation thread in here somewhere though

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 08:01 AM)

I think Silnt is right, we don't have a WoT clan for the PS4.

SGrant7 : (20 March 2017 - 08:52 AM)

Not yet anyways... you could always post in the PS threads to see who might play it on PS4

joey791 : (20 March 2017 - 10:56 AM)

Welcome to the forums michael mccormick :)

michael mcco... : (20 March 2017 - 10:59 AM)

dorjammer

michael mcco... : (20 March 2017 - 11:00 AM)

dorjammer sent me here

Harbinger_Of... : (20 March 2017 - 11:28 AM)

Welcome Mike

SilntMercy : (20 March 2017 - 12:36 PM)

claiming Jammer as someone who sent you here... you should rethink that intro

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 02:56 PM)

How's it going over here?

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 02:57 PM)

Discord is on the fritz at the moment

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 02:58 PM)

oh yea, if you're picking up Mass Effect, it's got an early release time! I was told 9pm today(CST) is when i could pick it up.

chaosdemon19... : (20 March 2017 - 06:08 PM)

hello all

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 08:13 PM)

hey chaos

Sixman_Up : (21 March 2017 - 05:08 AM)

DHO2 is standing up a Strongholds battle formation, each Wednesday night at 8:00pm (EST). Required Equipment; 1. Please have at least a Tier 6 vehicle. Vehicle type not too important as we are going to have fun! 2. Teamspeak Optional

joey791 : (22 March 2017 - 03:17 AM)

Welcome to the forums excpomelo :)

thedakar : (22 March 2017 - 07:30 AM)

Sixman, that 1 am local time for me - but if I can find a way to get up to play for an hour, I would find it refreshing!

Sixman_Up : (22 March 2017 - 10:09 AM)

Sounds good dakar.. Sorry for the time difference.. We get this rolling strong, I'm sure that other Dad's will stand up other days..

joey791 : (22 March 2017 - 05:15 PM)

Welcome to the forums Sregorywaits :)

Photo

Headset Talk

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,299 posts
  • Real first name:Chris
  • PSN:xJediDadx
  • Steam:xjedidadx

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

I thought we had a headset thread here.  It probably didn't make the cut.

Anywho...  I've been using and loving my Turtlebeach PX5's pretty much for 6 years this March.  At the time I got them they were $250, and I must say, after starting out with them on the 360 and moving them over to the PS3 and later PS4, they've been really good to me. Love the fact that they're almost wireless (chat cable needed). When I got them, I needed wireless cause I was sitting 15+ft away from my couch and didnt want cords running across the floor with 3yr old twins taking over the house.

Last night when I was using them, I noticed that they weren't fitting right on my ears. So I took them off and looked at them and where the earcuff meets the headstrap, is starting to crack and pull out of place. Which also might add to why they've been cutting out recently. Not sure about that part though.

So today i started looking around for some new ones and I've always been partial to TB, my PC set used to be TB until they broke and i just now found a replacement for them, that's not TB, but i like them.

Here's what I found at TB's website which I'll be getting with Tax money next month.

https://shop.turtleb...ion-4/elite-800

They may be $300 dollars, but i think it's worth it for as long as my last one lasted.  Plus I don't need a chat cable for these to work with the PS4 or  the PC.  I can set these up to get power to charge from my PC and can use them on either the PC or PS4 without having to change anything at all. Plus with the bluetooth capability, i can connect it to my phone while gaming and take calls if i have to and it'll interrupt game audio/mic to take the phone call.

Enough about that.  What are you all using?  Wired, wireless, mix of both?

7240.png

"Silence is golden, Duct Tape is silver. Take your pick"

"Evil will always triumph because Good is Dumb"

Daddy of Twinz!

DHO Discord ~ https://discord.gg/2EPt6uk

Users Awards

#2 PaNiXx

PaNiXx

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Real first name:Gary
  • Xbox:oo PaNiX oo
  • PSN:PaNiXx

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

I really like the Playstation Gold wireless headset, but the hinges on them break pretty easy. 

i recently purchased the Playstation Silver wired headphones for the simple fact that you can unplug the headphones from the usb portion and use your own headphones. This allowed me to use my HyperX Cloud headphones, which have much better audio and chat quality.

#3 Maffia-Thug

Maffia-Thug

McN00bin'

• McN00bin'
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

I personally use the Turtle Beach 500P's. I love them. Hands down they are the best headset I have owned. They have an updated version I think named 520P's.

I only use them on my PS4. I am not sure about how they would work with PC. 

I just recently bought my wife the Turtle Beach Elite 800's, and she loves them. She really loves them she says. She also has the PS4 Golds and I am not a fan of them. The ear pieces do not twist front to back so for my head they were uncomfortable compared to my 500P's. On top of that the volume adjustments are great on the 500P's compared to the Golds. They may just my preference though.

So, in short, I guess if you have the money get the Elite 800's. If you are on a budget , get the 500P's. I love them.

I love living life to love!

#4 cloudd2

cloudd2

McN00bin'

• McN00bin'
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Real first name:Jon
  • PSN:camaro084
  • Steam:camaro084 (? i think)
  • WoT ID:cloudd2

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

I have the stealth 500p and I love them. I was able to use them on my ps4 and pc. I'm having the same problem as Jedi, except both sides snapped 😢. I've watched a video (or maybe it was just a webpage...) where a guy used 2 small strips of aluminium and small metal screws to act as a brace. If I get the time, I'll try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

#5 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:20 PM

That sounds like too much work already. :lol

I'm just hoping they last another month or I'm gonna have to buy soemthing cheap to use until I can get the Elite 800

7240.png

Daddy of Twinz!

Users Awards

#6 evil-night_

evil-night_

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:01 AM

I use playstation gold 2.0 wireless headset. Never really used the high end tb personally. I do like how the gold has an app where you can change the audio settings, they also have presets for big name games.
Posted Image

#7 SGrant7

SGrant7

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Real first name:Shawn
  • Xbox:SGrant7
  • Steam:SGrant7
  • WoT ID:SGrant7

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

I really enjoy my Turtle Beach X42's and they have done me very well over the past 5 or so years going from my 360 to my XB1. I did have to buy an adapter to use them with my XB1, and the cable that connects the headset to the controller for chatting needed to recently be replaced (2 years old).

I was looking for a new headset for my PC and on a recommendation from a DHO tanker, they pointed me in the direction of Logitech. It just so happened that their top of the line G933 Artemis Spectrum were going on sale for Boxing Day here in Canada. Normally priced here at $250 CDN, they were knocked down to a far more reasonable $150. I have nothing but good things to say about them. The wireless range is amazing. The 7.1 surround sound is fantastic. The mic is clear and automatically mutes when flipped up. They are far more comfortable than my TB X42's. They will work with all the consoles.

They also make almost every "top ten" list for best headsets and have earned many Editors Choice awards on various sites.

I highly recommend them, especially if you can get them for the price I paid.

signature.png signature.png

#8 conscious_hero

conscious_hero

Squad Leader

• Squad Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Real first name:Dennis
  • PSN:Conscious_Hero

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

I started with the playstation gold headset when they originally came out. Then last year got some Astro A50's - really like them a lot and sound great. Again, I never tend the recommend them because I tend to have buyers remorse (even a year later) about spending that kind of money on a headset. Turtlebeach is who I had when I had my xbox 360 and loved them back in the day and have not heard anything bad about them since. I think you really can't go wrong either way in that price range:

Astro A50's - http://www.astrogami...s/A50-GEN3.html

Posted Image

#9 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

I think I'll stick with the Elite 800's.  I just got some amazon gift cards from work, so I'll be saving them for the headset purchase. :)

7240.png

Daddy of Twinz!

Users Awards

#10 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Headset decision has been made here at PAX. Astro was here and we got to test the A50's out. After testing it out and talking with the staff The A50's were the way to go. Plus we saved $60 being the last day of PAX

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

7240.png

Daddy of Twinz!

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users