Man, this BB is hard for me to play. I think it has to do with only having 3 salvos to fire at a time. I seem to hit 1 out of every 6 shells fired and yet the thing is as big as a spaceship so I'm always getting tagged. Not to mention you can't change the side you are unmasking to the enemy to fire without your 2 rear guns having to rotate all the way around to the rear to acquire a target on the other side. I am meh with the Wyoming, good with the Kaiser (maneuverable with multiple, accurate guns), but this Myogi is super-challenging.

Anyone have tips on how to play this tub?

I just played through the Myogi and barely remember it. It's a tier IV, just power through it with some XP boosting flags/camos, it only took me 12 battles (but I didn't research the carrier).

Range is you key, you out range everything but a kongo. It is tough to get the hang of, but you also have the biggest guns at tier 4 so can citadel most anything you see (except Germans at middle ranges). Yes 3 guns are rough but they work out well when you learn them.

I am really starting to detest this ship. Yeah it's a little faster and has the range on other same tier battleships but it can't hit the broad side of Godzilla. It misses ships that are standing still. Don't have any other ship that misses as many shots as this one. Very frustrating to play.

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience with IJN  BBs, train fire, never fire full broadside salvos, and just because you have 20 Km range, or whatever the myogis' guns are, don't sit back at max range and try to snipe ships.

• 6 months later...

Glad I found this thread. Just got a myogi and I am just hating life in this ship. Just 8 games in (elited it and unlocked the carrier) and so still 20k to go until I get to Kongo. Is the Kongo better than this tub? I did okay in Kawachi.

I'll try some of the things in this thread. I'm try to stay angled so that I can just barely fire the aft 2 turrets facing forward.

Until you get the hull upgraded she is rough. Once DDs are limited, you can close the range on enemy BBs with good affect. THe spacing between the turrets cause the large dispersion. She is tough but I didn't mind it. Granted I played through the Musa... Has... Myogi a few times through out alpha and beta before so...