Vinsent

no topic

A box of rocks is smarter than those folks, how the hell did they they graduate from high school.

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing whats coming up in the work force doesn't it?

A box of rocks is smarter than those folks, how the hell did they they graduate from high school.

The US Education System isn't what it used to be...

Don't blame the education system for the products of parents who refuse to raise their children. There are far too many "people" who think their job as parents is pretty much done when they bring their unhousebroken offspring to a school and drop them off fully expecting the school to raise them for them. If you think I am being facetious I am not I have seen that exact situation more than once in the elementary school system. Like a horse to water you cannot force someone who is unwilling to actually learn. Kids are taught by their parents they are little snowflakes who the world owes everything.

Don't blame the education system for the products of parents who refuse to raise their children. There are far too many "people" who think their job as parents is pretty much done when they bring their unhousebroken offspring to a school and drop them off fully expecting the school to raise them for them. If you think I am being facetious I am not I have seen that exact situation more than once in the elementary school system. Like a horse to water you cannot force someone who is unwilling to actually learn. Kids are taught by their parents they are little snowflakes who the world owes everything.

For the love of god, please don't ever use the term snowflakes again. 

Agree with you though that the parents need to actually raise their children instead of expecting the education system to do it for them. My dad taught for 20 years and this was his biggest complaint, parents didn't want to parent. Other complaint was, parents not believing that their child was indeed capable of lying dead to their face.

Totally Agree !!

I'd say you're making some assumptions, there.

Ever notice, that there are typically two schools of thought;

Old school...if you can't meet the standards, keep trying until you do.

New school...if you can't meet the standards, either redefine them or lower them until you do.

However, I have seen a third school of thought becoming more prevalent lately;

No school... If you cannot meet, redefine, or lower the standards, blame and fault others for your inadequacy to achieve accomplishments.

Hence, the term snowflake. It is a viable term, used to describe No School.

This is about a 4 hour drive from my place... maybe I'll attend next year with my son

Weekly does of RNG

The last 2 are quite awesome!

As usual, WG confuses physics fails and otherwise funny situations with RNG. I guess the last thing they would want to do is showcase actual RNG craziness.