Sign in to follow this  
Lendo

Ribs Ribs Ribs

Allbeefy  i just pour the sauce over the ribs and turn them over a few times to coat them good , i would say that about 2 to 3 cups of sauce wont cover the ribs and theres no need to. Dont forget to coat your crock pot with pan spray of some kind so nothing sticks .It makes cleanup easier . Also i dont warm anything before starting room temp is fine .. I would also say that you should be home the first time you make some ribs in Crock pot , not one of them heat the same. I set mine for 5 hours and baste quite often and sometimes they are ready in 4 hours Ribs are not always the same thickness.

I can't wait to try some of the suggestions. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So I found you fellas on WoT, but this section is why I joined. I need some recipes for Ribs. I love Ribs, but I'm getting bored of my famous Ribs and I want to try yours. If you've got a recipe for Ribs please share it along with your cooking instructions. I promise to try everything you guys post along with pics of me and my son enjoying them. Cheers. 

Here's what I do:

1. rub them down with yellow mustard
  2. cover them with whatever dry run you're using
  3. 3 hours uncovered on the smoker
  4. 2 hours on the smoker wrapped in foil with some apple juice inside the foil
  5. 1 hour uncovered on the smoker smothered in whatever finishing sauce you're using

Mine is very close to Cpl_Maida's. I cook baby backs and I experiment with various dry rubs, but a good go - to is this process:

Get a meaty rack of baby back ribs and remove the skin off the back.

Coat with a generous coating of Bone Suckin' Rub, then add brown sugar on top of the rub and let the ribs sit for 30 to 45 minutes to let the brown sugar carmalize

Get your smoker to between 225 and 250 and use some chunks of Mesquite or Hickory for the smoke in addition to a good quality Lump Charcoal

Smoke the ribs for 3 hours, don't open the lid (unless you smoking on something with a lot of air flow, I use a Kamado Joe, Big Joe). If your smoker isn't sealed and you have a lot of airflow you will need to spritz them every 20 minutes with apple juice to keep the outside moist, but try it without doing that first. If you are lookin', you ain't cookin'.

Pull the ribs off and double wrap them with aluminum foil with a cup of apple juice in the wrap and put them back in for an hour and a half.

Chance are they are pretty much done at this point. You should see the meat pulled away from the bone quite a bit. Put them back on the grill and smoke them for 30 more minutes.

Do the Bend test (using your tongs, grip the ribs along the bones and lift the rack off the grill. The end you are not holding should bend down toward the grill and should be just short of cracking open. If yes, they are ready to glaze (optional, but recommended) . If they don't pass the bend test, put them back on and smoke them for 30 more minutes. They are done when they are done regardless of the time. 

Buy some Tennessee Whiskey Swineapple Rib Glaze and lightly glaze the ribs and leave them on for 15 more minutes.

One more thing, I cook mine in full size hotel aluminum pans (Sam's has them cheap). Makes cleanup a breeze and makes it much easier to foil them, you just cover the pan. Just make sure you put something like a cookie cooling rack in the bottom so they aren't setting on the pan. 

Once I figure out how to post pics I will set you guys up. I love WoT but BBQ is my passion. 

Enjoy!!

On 10/22/2016 at 9:37 AM, Cpl_Maida said:

Here's what I do:

1. rub them down with yellow mustard
  2. cover them with whatever dry run you're using
  3. 3 hours uncovered on the smoker
  4. 2 hours on the smoker wrapped in foil with some apple juice inside the foil
  5. 1 hour uncovered on the smoker smothered in whatever finishing sauce you're using

I did the 3-2-1 method yesterday with my ribs, although I didn't slather with sauce in the last step. Just opened them up to tighten up the surface after wrapping in foil.

Here are the before and after photos:

IMG_20180903_130525006_small.jpg

IMG_20180903_193916777.jpg