Sign in to follow this  
Cpl_Maida

British Heavies

I find myself lately with a bunch of garage slots (apparently they're giving them away?) without many lines left to grind that interest me.  Having said that, I plan on starting the British heavy line as the Summer of MaidaTM comes to a close and the glorious fall weather returns.

It will take me about 110,000 free XP to research and elite the Black Prince (I have several modules unlocked along the way because AX).

Is the BP as bad as everyone says it is?  20kph makes me want to kick a puppy, and low alpha I can deal with but low pen too?  Yikes!

I'm hoping, as you can see from this video, to be able to do HT-12 on the T-55A set, blocking 3x your HP.

This will be hilarious.

You mean it will be hilarious how I turn into a lean, mean, side-scrapping machine? Picture me rolling thick in cities and towns at a speedy 20kph. I'll have Ridin' Dirty playing on my Sony Walkman.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A long time ago, I swore never to play this tank line for the same reasons you dread it. I cursed platoonmates (bumpkin) who would bring their brit heavies to a match. It was only a small step above someone bringing a TOG.

The meta was corridor maps, TD nerfs, pre-E5 HD buff. G was alone as the uber clan. They kept on bringing their FV215b's. Long story short, it became accepted that the 215b was sort of OP. Sly was rkel.

So, I broke down and went up the line. It became a stat padding line. Too easy to farm low expected dmg off these things.

I actually ended up enjoying the BP. Once again, the corridor meta was in full swing, so this tank didn't have a difficult time shining.

The gun is like the Comet, which is also tier 7. You use its fast reload to punish the tracks of heavies with slower reloads and then put rounds into their soft spots while they sit there and reload. Armor is pretty thick, especially angled.

You need to have repairs as your primary skill because you will be tracked a lot. That is a good thing because the tracks extend past the hull and eat a lot of shells with no damage. Use the tracks as a cheap trick shell eater for those high alpha slow reload tanks and then return the favor and plink their weak spots because you have a much faster reload.

While angled, your frontal weak spots are obscured by the tracks, so yeah, those HEAT rounds become worthless. It's also a much smaller target than the similarly armored slow japanese tanks.

The caernarvon is mediocre at best because it's tier 8. Conqueror is like a tough AX. Same gun basically with more armor and slightly less speed. I have kept my conqueror as a tier 9 fun tank, like the E50.

You need to pay attention to the team comps to decide where you are going as there is no flex in this tank. So your WN8 will go up but if solo, your W/R will not.

Then again, the time it takes some pubbies from killing each other with HE in a brawl.. you can "flex" some times.

Church VII and BP were not enjoyable tanks. Conqueror was boss, and I rather enjoyed the Caernarvon...but that's me.

I haven't been able to play it much but the 215b has been good so far.

A long time ago, I swore never to play this tank line for the same reasons you dread it. I cursed platoonmates (bumpkin) who would bring their brit heavies to a match. It was only a small step above someone bringing a TOG.

The meta was corridor maps, TD nerfs, pre-E5 HD buff. G was alone as the uber clan. They kept on bringing their FV215b's. Long story short, it became accepted that the 215b was sort of OP. Sly was rkel.

So, I broke down and went up the line. It became a stat padding line. Too easy to farm low expected dmg off these things.

I actually ended up enjoying the BP. Once again, the corridor meta was in full swing, so this tank didn't have a difficult time shining.

The gun is like the Comet, which is also tier 7. You use its fast reload to punish the tracks of heavies with slower reloads and then put rounds into their soft spots while they sit there and reload. Armor is pretty thick, especially angled.

You need to have repairs as your primary skill because you will be tracked a lot. That is a good thing because the tracks extend past the hull and eat a lot of shells with no damage. Use the tracks as a cheap trick shell eater for those high alpha slow reload tanks and then return the favor and plink their weak spots because you have a much faster reload.

While angled, your frontal weak spots are obscured by the tracks, so yeah, those HEAT rounds become worthless. It's also a much smaller target than the similarly armored slow japanese tanks.

The caernarvon is mediocre at best because it's tier 8. Conqueror is like a tough AX. Same gun basically with more armor and slightly less speed. I have kept my conqueror as a tier 9 fun tank, like the E50.

This is good stuff. Many thanks. If I had the free xp I'd go right to tier IX. Everyone says it's insanely good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk