Sign in to follow this  
SlyGambit

SWGOH Rebel Event Squad

TL:DR here are rebel teams.  Note that HRS stands for Hoth Rebel Scout and not Hoth Rebel Soldier.

FTP:  Akbar (L), SThan, HRS, Leia, Lando

P2P:  Wedge (L),  Biggs, STHan, Leia, Lando

So there will be an event starting this week.  It's billed as a Rebel squad event called the Empire's Demise.  In addition there has been an event called 'Military Might' where Rebels and Clones fought the Emperor but it's apparently different than this one in more ways than just limiting the event to Rebels.  The current thought is that this may be similar to the Yoda event and provide the Emperor or another Rebel character as a reward.  Rebels are also used to clear the Critical Chance Mod Challenge. Considering 2x Critical Chance and 4x Critical Damage mods are considered the best arena mods at the moment it's not a bad challenge to complete.

So there are a lot of Rebels.  Currently all of them are FTP with the exception of Wedge Antilles.  Who is arguably the most powerful Rebel (Surprised that the news, costly character is the most powerful?  No you're not.)  Rebels are a reasonable grind as they are spread out across GW, hard nodes, Cantina battles, and cantina shipments.  Unfortunately 3 of the best Rebels are all in arena so if you haven't started farming Rebels yet it will take time to build a very good team. 

The main problem with Rebels is that there is very little healing.  Admiral Akbar, who is the best FTP leader with speed boost plus assist attacks on special use, has some healing but it requires your toons to have debuffs that he clears.  Sometimes the enemy obliges you with DoT (thanks Mr. Vader!) but most of the time you don't have them when you need them.   This makes Rebels a very good arena team, where healing is relatively ineffective, but not a very good GW or long event team. 

The big advantage that Rebels have are turn meter manipulation, speed, and a good diversification of single or AoE attackers. Typically in Arena a Rebel squad is supplemented with Phasma (pairs well with Lando), Rey, or QGJ (to remove enemy taunts).   With a Wedge/Biggs combo Lando or Leia might be with them but typically JKA, Han, or Rey make the cut over any extra rebels. 

If you don't have any Rebels at all but want to build a Rebel squad from scratch I would recommend the following farm:

1. Akbar (to 4*) in Arena, Lando in Cantina Battles, HRS in Cantina Shipments and hard node (6A DS, 8B LS), Biggs in GW
  2. STHan in Arena to 7* once Akbar is unlocked. 
  3. Leia to 7* once STHan is 7*
  4. Akbar to 7*

This gives you a team of Akbar, Lando, STHan, HRS, and Biggs initially.  Biggs gets replaced by Leia.

Note that Luke can be farmed in place of Lando.  Luke has a very good kit with stuns and solid single shot damage but is very slow.   From a pure Rebel standpoint either one can work but Lando provides more utility as he and Wedge are the only Rebel AoE characters and Lando has the added bonus of being a Scoundrel so he is useable in those events.   Both need proper gearing to really shine on offense (G8 at least but both really need G10/G11 to hit their potential). 

Biggs is fairly bad on his own but is an easy farm and might be really effective for this particular event due to this unique ability of gaining 100% TM basically any time an Empire toon attacks him.  While Empire characters other than RG are rare in arena they're probably going to be prevalent in this event.

Hoth Rebel Soldier is also available however he is a hard farm and a fairly useless character. 

*Wedge is the August free shards and is going to be farmable in Sept (allegedly) which is why you should be farming Biggs now.  Hopefully they're not total pricks and put him somewhere other than Arena.

Mods:

1. STHan: Health Mods with defense/health/protection and either Crit Avoidance arrow mod or speed arrow mod and a tenacity cross mod. Note that sometimes it is worth being able to slow him down so he does not go immediately before a QGJ in arena. 
  2. Lando, Leia, Biggs, Wedge:  4xCrit Damage, 2xCrit Chance Speeeeeeeed primary/secondary attribute 
  3. HRS, Luke:  4xCrit Damage, 2xCrit Chance Speed mods and potency mods to help provide stuns
  4. Akbar: Health mods with Speed/health/defense/tenacity

Important Omegas:

• Lando's special (adds 50% more damage)
  • STHan Taunt (reduces cooldown
  • HRS basic (increases chance to provide TM to entire team on basic - very important in arena)
  • HRS Special (15% increase stun chance)
  • Akbar's skills (all 3 have good Omegas)
  • Leia's special (reduce cooldown effectively making her always invisible)
  • Leia's basic (adds TM gain for Leia)

*I haven't explored Wedge, Luke, or Biggs' Omegas

I forgot I had Akbar cuz without a rebel team, he's trash. Yeah, only heals with cleansing. I even have him 6* at one point farming his shards, then realized outside of p1 raid, I wouldn't use him.

As always, thanks for the tips you two.

Slow on getting to read this but I'm decently happy with the latest changes for Biggs. Still not a major powerhouse by himself but does decent damage and can be a good rebel to have for the extra attack that a Akbar lead provides.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well, Akbar is a weird toon. He provides much more healing with his Tactical Genius buff. Basically, first guy to use special gets 100% TM and 24%ish heal. Really funny when Lando is the first guy after and gets to strike twice in a row with his AoE attack (gets cooldown reset with 2 crits).

Question: Since the Rebels are a TM based team, do they beat or meet the Droid/JE teams?

Question: Since the Rebels are a TM based team, do they beat or meet the Droid/JE teams?

As always it depends on the speed.  If their Han can fire off his taunt early enough they can win.  If he does not (usually due to an ability block) then they get crushed.  The biggest problem for Rebels is they do not have someone who can remove a taunt so usually a 'Rebel' team will still have QGJ on it. 

When I ran STHan on my droid team I never lost to Rebels as long as I timed QGJ.  With Nebit in I can lose to them now but because I'm able to triple tap Han right away I still beat them.

I do know my local Rebel team who's played them pretty much since December still finishes top-5 almost every day so they can beat anyone.  And with a pretty heavy droid representation in our top-20 other droid teams must struggle more than me.

FWIW if you are running a droid team and face any team with STHan (minus an Old Ben lead Han) you should focus out Han before anyone else.  Kill him before his taunt.  I kill him before Rey, Anakin, Leia, Lando, etc. 

Now that Wedge is available in Cantina..

STHan and Lando with scoundrel team+

Leaves Wedge best rebel lead. Biggs synergizes with him. Drop Ackbar?

Now that Wedge is available in Cantina..

STHan and Lando with scoundrel team+

Leaves Wedge best rebel lead. Biggs synergizes with him. Drop Ackbar?

I'm not completely sold that Wedge is always a better lead or even the better lead in the majority of uses of a Rebel squad.  There are some events like Military Might where Akbar's assist was the main mechanic for beating it.  In arena Akbar's speed bonus can factor more or less depending on your speed mods and your opponents speed.  There may be times where he's a better lead but without playing Wedge yet it's hard to tell.  I should have him in a few more days so I can at least start messing around a bit with him in GW.  Assuming I don't blow all my credits and mats on other stuff between now and then.

If you put my feet to the fire I'd say you'd be fine with Wedge/Biggs/Lando/StHan/Leia in arena if your speed is similar to arena teams around you.  In other events you may suffer with a lack of healing but the overall devastation that the time would cause on opponents would probably make healing unnecessary.