Sign in to follow this  
SlyGambit

SWGOH Rancor Raid Squad Information

Another writeup on building a raid squad. This is in preparation for us attempting a T6 and potentially a T7 raid in the not-too-distant future. First I'm going to start with the best known group for raiding. This is a video at the end of this post of someone who is able to do over 8mil in damage in a single run on Heroic.He likely could solo with good RNG. I have several other videos as well with different comps.

The best known composition of all max characters:

• Teebo (L)
  • QGJ
  • Rex
  • Ewok Elder
  • FIves

The key to nearly all of these characters is potency and speed. Health, and to a lesser extent damage, is no where near as important as the ability to restrict the opponents from doing damage. This is the breakdown of potency:

• QGJ - T7 90%, T6 80%, T5 70%, T4 60%
  • Teebo - T7 80%, T6 70%, T5 60%, T4 50%
  • Rex - T7 70%, T6 60%, T5 50%, T4 40%
  • Fives - T7 60%, T6 50%, T4 40%

(Ewok Elder does not apply debuffs so he does not need potency)

Potency (countered by Tenacity) is whether or not a debuff works on someone if the debuff is triggered. Teebo and Rex have 100% chance of triggering while QGJ has a 65% chance which is why you want QGJ to have a little more potency (he has a high natural potency so you use basically the same mods).

Mods are the key to potency. The main mod to get for potency is the cross mod in the bottom right of your mod screen. At 5* that mod can have a +24% potency primary attribute. At 2* that mod has a +16% potency.   In addition to mods you can equip gear that boosts potency. The most important is a piece of raid gear called a scanner that applies +10% potency. Obviously a 1* mod is a lot easier to get that a raid gear but in order to achieve max potency you need both.

Mods and gear are also the key to speed. The top right arrow mod can have up to +30 speed as a 5* mod or +17 speed as a 1* mod. Boosting speed allows characters more turns in respect to the raid enemies so they can have more chances to apply debuffs. Speed mods are excellent for Ewok Elder but potency mod sets with a +speed arrow are as good as gold. 

If you do not have all of those characters (and unless you spend a lot of money you don't have Rex) only QGJ and Teebo are truly required. Good substitutes for Rex are Ewok Scout, Tuscan Raider, or Geonosian Soldier for Rex. Dengar, Jawa, and Phasma are all effective in place of Fives as they can all apply slow (Dengar can also apply Tenacity Down which is very helpful if you do not have max potency mods/gear). Admiral Akbar can also be used to replace Ewok Elder for phase 1 only. 

Mods for alternate characters:

• Ewok Scout - Speed + Potency
  • GS - Speed, Critical Chance
  • Dengar - Potency
  • Jawa - Potency
  • Phasma - Potency

One last note on characters who do not do TM you do NOT want to boost their speed. The Rancor gets TM whenever damaged and while TM reducing toons provide a net negative when they damage the Rancor and apply TM non-TM reducing toons provide the Rancor with TM while doing relatively small amounts of damage. So Fives, Phasma, Jawa, etc. should not get boosted. Assist characters like IG-86 and GS can get speed as their assist can effectively be a TMR attack.

Example Videos:

Teebo, QGJ, Phasma EE, GS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdlH_HJKe24

Teebo, QGJ, Dengar, Ewok Scout, Ewok Elder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOk6B2LhcvI

Teebo, Rex, QGJ, EE, Fives (In Portuguese but with translation - provides a great rundown on mods)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_t4Uuk49M

Teebo, EE, Chewy, QGJ, Fives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zVWfB1pnpQ

If you are just starting to build a raid team I highly recommend focusing on Teebo, QGJ, and Ewok Elder first.  Chewbacca can work temporarily as well as Geonosian Soldier and Phasma.  Chewy everyone starts with and Phasma and GS are solid, well rounded characters useful beyond Raids. 

Wait, Elder does what exactly? I know he has the revive and heal and cleanse, but what else?

Wait, Elder does what exactly? I know he has the revive and heal and cleanse, but what else?

He feeds TM to Teebo.  I believe on his basic he provides 25% TM to Ewoks (Teebo primarily but Scout if he's in) and then provides 10% TM if Omega'd to everyone else.  So he speeds everyone up.  Since Teebo's special gives Scout/EE TM as well they all feed off each other. 

If he didn't have the revive he probably wouldn't be worth it (the cleanse is nice but not really that necessary after phase 1) but more Teebo = more TMR = Longer runs.

Running teebo, chewie, TR, GS, and QGJ for raids now. Question on the fifth toon. Should I run GS for his assist or Laia for her x2 crit?

Running teebo, chewie, TR, GS, and QGJ for raids now. Question on the fifth toon. Should I run GS for his assist or Laia for her x2 crit?

Leia is one of the worst raid attackers, if not the worst, in the entire game. Because each hit grants turn meter, as opposed to each attack, she is trading ~3-5k average damage per hit for tm each time.  Compare that to GS who can do around 7k average damage per hit on his special and call in an assist.  He does about 5k average each time with his basic.  What's more because she does her damage consecutively unlike some low hitters like Fives or Phasma there is no opportunity for Teebo or QGJ to reduce the TM she grants. 

Her invisibility and associated buffs are also effectively negated.  They're _ok_ vs Pigs but Rancor blows them away every turn or two and with her feeding him TM at crazy levels when she triple hits it's very, very ineffective.

Even when I'm down to my 20th toon Leia remains on my bench.

Silnt, I read somewhere that if you read the guide, you might learn how to survive longer than it takes to load the battle. Just sayin'

Ewok Elder for Rancor.. no substitutes?

Silnt, I read somewhere that if you read the guide, you might learn how to survive longer than it takes to load the battle. Just sayin'

Ewok Elder for Rancor.. no substitutes?

He will be my next grind I promise.. Working on RG right now so I have something to bring to an arena team.