Sign in to follow this  
SlyGambit

SWGOH Scoundrel Event Squads

UPDATED 8/31 to account for addition of IG-88 and ST Han to scoundrel ranks as well as the importance and difficultly of this event.  You are able to get 6-40 million credits every two weeks from the highest level of this event as well as up to 90 T7 training droids and several pieces of raid gear in the training droid smuggling

So chatting with Deo on TS last night he's thinking about gearing up for the 6-12 day scoundrel event to make more credits.  Personally I think it's pretty worthwhile long term and there's a thread on reddit discussing some of the 'minimum' squads.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4v5ven/do_i_absolutely_need_lando_for_the_scoundrel_event/

My response to that thread is that you do need Lando at a minimum but it is not necessary to invest too heavily in him because this event allows unlimited attempts with no time between attempts.  It's something you can literally waste a few minutes clicking start/autoplay and eventually look down at your phone and see that you've won.

My 'Scoundrel' squad which can autoplay T2 without losing:

Lando (L) - 6*, lvl 78, G8, Skills Level 7/8/7/7, 1* critical chance mod set

Chewy - 6*, lvl 76, G8, Skills level 8/7/7/4, 1* potency mods set

Greedo - 6*, lvl 64, G7, Skills level 5/3/3/6, no mods

Boba - 4*, lvl 56, G7, Skills level 3/4/4/3, no mods

Cad Bane - 5*, lvl 56, G7, Skills level 3, no mods

When I first completed the Scoundrel even my Lando was level 76 and Cad Bane was only G5 and level 40 something.  I put a few resources in him to keep him alive for a few attacks and hopefully get his stun in twice.  I think I dropped about a million credits total when this even started.  Lando is part of my rebel squad (AA/HRS/STHan/Phasma/Lando with occasional Leia appearances) and I was working on an AoE squad with 88/Vader/Lando/Phasma/Poe but that's been on the shelf a while.   I just pumped another million or so credits into Lando and Omega'd his AoE skill because eventually I'm going to make a run at the crit chance mod sets.  But it'll make this event even easier.

Protection is important so I think you do want whoever you put in here to be G7 so that they are useful fodder.   Lando and Chewy are the most important toons although Greedo is able to do a decent amount of damage and would likely be very useful if level'd up. 

As for the minimum I think if you have a squad with Lando, Chewy, and Greedo all around 5*, G7, and level 70 you should be able to get by although you might need to use some mods to buff them all slightly.  Cad Bane also might be useable if level'd/geared simply because he has an excellent stun but he has little utility elsewhere (some raid utility for TMR on his special). 

UPDATE:

With the addition of 88 and STHan to the Scoundrel roll the options have greatly expanded.  Note that the ideal core team for this now is required to win the highest levels of the credit heist and the droid heist. 

Cad Bane also has been buffed.  I still do not use him but due to his consistent stun and his buffed basic attack damage I feel like he is likely a good addition now to the squad over Greedo who has a similar basic but a less useable special.   Cad may even be higher ranked if his evasion lead bonus is working.  Because you can play infinite attempts at this good RNG on evasion may allow someone to win it with an underpowered team particularly in the Credit Heist which doesn't see as much AoE spam. 

Lando (L) - Omega his AoE special and should get to at least 7* G8 but you can not go wrong getting him to G11 as his damage can easily carry an entire match.  Crit damage, speed, crit chance mods are best for him and speed/protection/crit damage should be primary attributes.

IG-88 - Omega his AoE and needs to be 7* G9 to survive.  Crit damage and crit chance mods are very helpful since he is not lead.  Speed, potency, and protection should be the focus of primary attributes.

STHan - Omega his taunt and get to 7* and G9 at least.  Focus on health/defense mods and protection.  The more protection you can give him the better. If you have the option of getting one 'scoundrel' toon to a higher gear level it should be Han or Lando.

Chewy - Omega his basic first but his taunt and special can both get maxed to help.  Similar to Han he should have protection as a primary attribute in mods however health is also helpful as he can self-heal.  Potency mods and defense/health sets work best for Chewy. 

Dengar/Cad Bane/Greedo - I'm able to complete this event with Greedo however Dengar has more overall utility (very useful in this raid and likely helpful in the next) and Cad Bane has a stun which is very critical in the final rounds plus he has a leadership which will allow underpowered teams to use favorable RNG to win.

I tried our T1 yesterday.  I definitely don't have the right toons for it either.

Chewie (5* lvl 57 G6), Bane (5* lvl 49 G4), Greedo (4* lvl 45 G5), Dengar (3* lvl 31 G3) and Mob Enforcer (2* lvl 34 G2)

I think I made it 3 battles before failing.

I tried our T1 yesterday.  I definitely don't have the right toons for it either.

Chewie (5* lvl 57 G6), Bane (5* lvl 49 G4), Greedo (4* lvl 45 G5), Dengar (3* lvl 31 G3) and Mob Enforcer (2* lvl 34 G2)

I think I made it 3 battles before failing.

Yup.  You don't have any real AoE and you need it.   Just replace Mob Enforcer with Lando and get him geared up and you'll start turning a profit in no time.

I'll have to farm Lando to get him. It won't be hard since he has several spots to farm from.

I managed to beat 2* finish the T1 event. Chewie and Boba Fett from the tank challenges level 56 g7. Dengar is 2* lv 50 and Greedo/Cad also 50-55.

Always lose one of the fodder, usually Cad. Dengar is tough for a very lightly upgraded guy. I just started to grind Lando now, so I have like 70 shards to go to unlock.

STHan will be a Scoundrel too in next week's update, so that should make the grind a little easier for a lot of folks.  That said, I wouldn't put it past the devs to nerf this challenge soon after making it more attractive.  I'm a long way off too, but hopefully I can get more utility from grinding the necessary toons to participate.  I'm taking a diversion to farm STHan with Arena credits to help with the Tank Challenge.   I already have Boba and Chewie, which leaves Cad (GW) and Lando (Catina node) to farm, both relatively easy farms.  Someday I'll get there.  Hopefully the challenge is still worthwhile when that day comes...

Don't worry about the * too much. It's important that they have g7 and the protection which helps them live long enough to contribute. I can't beat it 3* to just sim since I lose a guy along the way.

Chewie and Boba I've had lv56 with g7 from the tank challenge and they did all the heavy lifting. Mostly Chewie taunt/self heal and Boba with his AoE hit. I used Cad's stun just to take out their biggest hitter for a turn while I cleaned up the fodder.

Obviously, since my Greedo, Cad, and Dengar didn't have g7, one of them would die before finishing. Dengar is only 2* but he's tough for being the weakest of the group.

He's saying with investment into Lando, the rest should probably live long enough to win the t2 battle.

At 150k(x2) for T1 and 350k(x2), you get a million credits per event.

Compare to raid payout for 2 weeks and you get better ROI from scoundrels than raid guys. You get unlimited chances, so you can also retry the RNG lotto and sometimes win out with a much weaker than expected team.

IG-88 and Gam Guard (plus ST Han) opens this up a lot. A max 88, even after his leadership DoT effect gets nerfed, will be able to clear this almost on his own.  Pair him with either Han or Chewy and you're good to go.  Put 88, Lando, Chewy, and Han on the same team and you can laugh to the bank w/o doing much investement at all.

I'm going to have a G10 88, G8 Lando, G8 Chewy, a G10 Han, and any other random scoundrel.  I'm a lot more excited about the possibility of clearing the scoundrel mod challenge (Crit chance?) than I am the scoundrel event. 

If someone is starting this from scratch with no toons I'd think that you would want to focus on starring Lando (Cantina), STHan (Arena), Cad Bane (GW), Chewy (DS/LS Hard Nodes) and Dengar (Guild Shipments).  Lando and Han will give you a nice Rebel base to work on too.   Obviously I like 88 a lot more than any of them but Han+Chewy+AoE attacker will make this a cakewalk.