Sign in to follow this  
DragonDust02

Pokemon GO

It just came out in Canada a couple of days ago.  I'm already level 8.  There's a pokestop right down the street from me.  Somebody had a lure set out there at 8pm.  I walked down there and sat around with about 10-15 people (a couple of teenagers and the rest middle aged men).  The wife thinks it's rediculous (she doesn't have a cell phone and it didn't work on her tablet).  She'll change her mind when she gets her cell soon.  I enjoy walking around with the kids catching stuff.  I was never a pokemon fan before this.  I'm now kind of into it and even watched a couple of pokemon episodes with my kids.  Bonding stuff, I guess. :)

I'm enjoying it enough so far, I'm not sure whether it'll last or not. My wife downloaded it too so we've been going around at night (kid is at the grandparents this week) and collecting stuff and it's been fun. It's crazy how many people are out there! The downtown library (5 pokestops, all with lures,within one block) must have had 150 people just standing around last night.

Nice man. A co-worker and I are going to go for a walk during lunch today and do some hunting!

So my run this morning only counted for 3.3km even though I ran over 4.5 miles. So that's pretty lame. I tapped the screen after each song and kept it on the whole time, but obviously it didn't register my entire run, so that kinda sucks, but that is good enough progress for me to keep doing what I am doing with it in the mornings. No new catches, and I guess I need to be sure to hit up some Pokestops while at work and all since I am downtown, and there should be a good bit down here. I have around 80 Pokeballs, but I can see where you would run out quick. Going to the zoo and aquarium this weekend, so no doubt we will catch some more.

catching-dirty-laundry.jpg

:lol

I caught 5 or 6 new Pokemon over lunch today and several others that i caught and transferred out. Nothing hatched as I didn't walk as far as I wanted to but the two i have in incubators will be done when today for sure.

I just leave my phone open all day at work. Since my GPS is spotty at best, my avatar walks around on his own, LOL.

Yeah the game has motivated my son to go walk the dog more often, so I guess that's a good thing.

He's already starting the case as to why he needs a cell phone, as he's run down the battery on my phone walking the dog.

Myself I don't play, unless I'm walking the dog with my son, he's playing it on my phone.... However the other day, our cute flight attendant was playing the game in the galley in between turns, so I didn't think it'd be too cheesy to see about catching Pokemon with her after we got to the hotel....

post-30764-0-03828600-1469046857_thumb.jpeg

The other night, I was hungry at 11 pm so I decided to go downtown to get some Subway.  I noticed lures up in the main park so I decided to go for a walk.  The place was crowded!  Seriously over 200 people at 11 pm.  Could have even been 300.  I went up a couple of levels in a short half hour.  It's not a huge park but has 7 pokestops and a gym.  I also finally joined a team... at level 12.  Took me a while.  Team Valor, anyone?