Role Call - 

Guest Dad - 

Father Time - Parenting (round table)
Accomplishments
Questions
Suggestions
Anecdotes

Christian -
Damian - daughter dr. appt., son driving, helping family, super spotter, PSA: Diet Soda and foods
Dan - back on the diet and training for next summer, kids doing VBS, kids signed up for soccer again

Jeremy - Deaf kids/divide and conquer

ESRBeware - 
GOD EATER 2 RAGE BURST - http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34508&Title=GOD+EATER+2+RAGE+BURST

Play Time - What games have you been playing in your free time?
Damian - Gone poop, Darksiders II, BF4, Saints Row IV, FF: BE
Jeremy - Resident Evil 6 is enough, Final Fantasy 13, Red Dead Redemption
Dan - Crimzon Clover: WI, Adventures of Mana, Final Fantasy Brave Exvious, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD, Saints Row IV, God of War 3, 
Christian -

Metacritcal - 

Movie/TV Talk
Christian -
Damian - Child 44, Black Mass

Dan - Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: TNG
Jeremy - Agents of SHIELD S3

Feedback -

Site Info
www.DadsHideOut.com
Online Man-Cave for Dads
We are Dads first and everything else second

Zazzle store

DeviousMrMatt well-wishes

Wrap Up
E-mails/feedback from listeners
Contact us podcast@dadshideout.com
@DGGPodcast on Twitter
@Magmaflow328, @Aftrthought051, @Ruiner2 @Dadshideout
Questions, comments, hate mail
Find, listen and rate on
iTunes
Google Play
Windows Marketplace
Podbean

Metacritical - Batman Vs. Superman

Jeremy (positive) - Batman Vs Superman was something I was not looking forward to seeing after reading so many negative reviews but how wrong I was. This has to be one of the best superhero movies I have ever seen. The acting, the effects, and the overall tone was simply beautiful.

I know many feel differently so I have come to the conclusion we live in a time people have the attention span of goldfish and if its not a quip every 5 seconds for an hour and a half they will not like it. Deadpool is a perfect example of this. Marvel appeals to the masses because people today want a simple funny movie they don't have to feel nor think about too deeply. Sad this is what movies have come to.

Christian (negative) - Lex is one of my all time favourite villains- and he alone turns an otherwise slightly above average movie into a cringe worthy mess. If they do a sequel and discover the Joker cut off his face and glued it to his own that might make sense, because Lex- while insane- is not the Joker.

Superman is dull- so they got that character right. They spoiled, literally, everything in the commercials that happens in the movie, so there will be no point where you will be even slightly surprised. Except, perhaps, at how inappropriately used the flashbacks are.

There is one, and only one, bright spot in this movie that gives some hope for the future. Affleck is a shockingly good Batman, I didn't see that coming. Though, I do wonder what happened to batman's big rule, as he goes on completely needless murderous rampages throughout the city- I can't say much bad about that though as his fights were the most entertaining parts of the movie.

That's about it though. Louis spends the movie being remarkably useless and needing to be saved over and over, even the one time she could have done something of value at the end she manages to prove her purpose in life is to put Superman/the world in danger playing a damsel in distress. Between the villain, government and heroes almost none of them make a rational or sensible decision from the very start of the movie, throwing into question the plausibility of any of this happening in the first place.

At the very least, we can safely say DC coming out with Justice League isn't copying Marvel's Avengers- because Marvel actually can make a good movie.

Seriously, if Suicide Squad is half as bad as this atrocity, I'm done with DC for good.

Damian (positive) - Loved this movie! Zack Snyder's comic book movies feel like they make fidelity to the source material a priority and that they're made by people who read and appreciate the material from which they're based. I would describe BvS in this way; imagine if someone made a movie of Superman and the Legion of Superheroes (Action Comics #858-863) and tried to stay as close to the material as possible. That movie, I think, would kind of move and feel the same way BvS does. There are moments when the movie moves fast, others when it slows down, but they all build on each other and in the end we're left with human characters and their frailties. There's a Batman on a crusade who must face his own demons at a really tense moment in the film. A Wonder Woman who has been fighting the good fight for a long time and has her own back story and raison d'etre. And a Superman who struggles to do the right thing and sometimes can't manage to. They come together in the final battle and it's pretty awesome. I don't usually enjoy comic book movies, but I find Snyder's films enjoyable. I can't wait to get it on Blu Ray.

Dan (negative) - What a mess of a movie. Fans can swear up and down that this is a "serious" superhero flick....but it isnt. All the plotholes and illogical pacing make this the funniest superhero movie I have ever seen. Cavill is once again human cardboard in a suit, Batfleck is all style while betraying source material, and I'm pretty sure Lex Luthor is really The Riddler from Batman Forever. The redundancies fly high, from stopping an alien who destroyed a city....by destroying a city; to Luthor knowing way too much because he apparently traveled to normal Earth and stole the BvS script.

Despite the runtime being too long, it still isnt enough for Znyder to make a coherent set-up for the Justice League. Oh yeah, Wonder Woman was there for a bit and it was about as good as a quick cameo can get. There is no quick cameo on Earth thats good enough to save a 150-minute mess though....

Also, I can't imagine any kid going to see this and not being bored to tears...if it was made for comic fans, then they should've dropped the PG-13 rating.