Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

florida4711 : (12 August 2017 - 08:21 AM)

and ty

gpc_4 : (12 August 2017 - 08:27 AM)

welcome, sir

Jester39 : (12 August 2017 - 09:06 AM)

what part of Floirda...Jacksonville here

Sixman_Up : (13 August 2017 - 07:28 AM)

Welcome to DHO florida4711

YahMann : (14 August 2017 - 10:24 AM)

Calling all callers. Open mike is on for tonight. Tier 6. 6:30pm pst.

Jester39 : (15 August 2017 - 09:20 PM)

test

gpc_4 : (15 August 2017 - 10:46 PM)

test

Sixman_Up : (16 August 2017 - 05:10 AM)

Test SAT

NeoGP : (16 August 2017 - 03:14 PM)

test

Jester39 : (16 August 2017 - 05:41 PM)

test

Argnt Bstrd Ale : (16 August 2017 - 06:06 PM)

test?

xJediDadx : (17 August 2017 - 09:44 AM)

test

SGrant7 : (17 August 2017 - 12:44 PM)

Posted Image

Grimm65 : (17 August 2017 - 03:39 PM)

the question now is - did the test pass or fail!!!

Jester39 : (17 August 2017 - 04:47 PM)

fail..where is everyone...

Argnt Bstrd Ale : (17 August 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Testing of course!

rewguy79 : (17 August 2017 - 07:04 PM)

What was the test for?

joey791 : (17 August 2017 - 08:57 PM)

Welcome to the forums Babbaganouj :)

Babbaganouj : (17 August 2017 - 09:18 PM)

Woooo~ I have finally found my people haha!

gpc_4 : (18 August 2017 - 12:31 AM)

welcome, sir.

Photo

Should Your Wife be in charge of the household income ?

wife income slave

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 misterbeer

misterbeer

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • WoT ID:MisterBeer

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

I am an accountant ,but at my home my wife handles all income that comes in.  At work my check gets direct deposited to her account.  I do accounting on the side and she handles that as well.  Whenever a client gives me cash we split it ( and manly that goes to WG ).

...I hate dealing with bills.  Since I do that at work maybe that's why I don't like doing it at home.  I don't care about the light bill or water bill how much gas has gone up, just pay it oh and make sure there is plenty of guinness beer.

#2 Jescor

Jescor

BYDHTTMWFI

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Real first name:Jesse
  • PSN:TastyChickenHank
  • Steam:Jescor

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I'm in the same situation more or less, I have a finance degree and work for a bank but my wife likes to be organized and in control of the finances at home, which is fine by me.

I think finances have to be something that everyone sets up with their spouse to work the best for them. For me that means that every account is joint and my wife handles the bills; something all of my education tells me is wrong, but it works for us.

I've seen every situation both work and fail depending on the couple. I've seen full joint accounts work, and I've seen full joint accounts cause issues and fail. I've seen full separate accounts work great for some people, and I've seen it cause massive amounts of debt that ended up being a factor of divorce. I think as long as you can find a situation where you are both happy and satisfied then it's a solution that works for you.

That being said, you may want to make sure that your wife is happy with the current situation. I know I had a talk, that should have happened years before it did, where I found out that there was some things I could do that would make the finances run a little smoother for her, and then she didn't feel like I was making her do them out of pure laziness on my part.

Users Awards

#3 G3nst3r

G3nst3r

Squad Leader

• Squad Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Real first name:Michael
  • Steam:G3nman
  • WoT ID:G3nst3r

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:03 AM

I personally am terrible with money, got into credit card debt in my early years because it seemed the more I was in debt, the more credit they would give me. Plus I had an employer dink us on not paying the taxman and was in hock to the IRS for 7 years back taxes. If not for my wife, I would still be in debt.

I too direct deposit my paycheck into her account, which I was just recently added to;  I never see my paycheck as a rule but I can say that I own 2 homes free and clear, no car payments and do/did not own a credit card up until my engine blew in my car a few weeks ago, so I had to get a loan and ended up getting a revolving account to cover the costs; found out I had a 815 credit score.....My wife looked at me and says "your welcome"....which is pretty much true. I make it and she takes care of all the bills and household expenses....She is okay with the setup and likely feels more secure having that way because she knows if I have money, it runs through my fingers like water.

#4 Rogueislehero

Rogueislehero

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Real first name:Roy
  • WoT ID:PowTayTow

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

Just one dude's opinion here.. If it works for you both then go with it. As long as you are both on the same page and there is communication and trust it's all good. 

dark.png

signature.png

#5 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

Alright, alright, alright

• Administrators
  • 14,777 posts
  • Real first name:Damian
  • Xbox:Aftrthought051
  • PSN:Aftrthought051
  • Steam:Aftrthought051

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

Pretty funny for me. When my wife and I got married, we put all our credit cards on the table. I had one. One to establish my credit and I think I had a $200 balance on it. My wife had around 8 cards, all major department store cards pretty much.

I asked her, "what's the APR on these cards?"

Her response, "what's an APR?"

:lol  My wife has come a LONG way. I handled the fiances in the beginning, but she didn't like that she felt that she didn't contribute anything to the marriage. I was working the sole job, and she just stayed home. So I educated her in fiance (that I knew, I'm not college degree guys), but it was enough to make her aware of interest, loans, and building credit. She now handles all our fiances and I don't even know what we have. I trust her, and I just have to ask if I can spend money when I want something, and give her a list of games I want so she can budget for it. Sometimes it sucks, but she does a great job with it. I've asked her several times if she wants me to take it back over, but she is content and likes her system for how she has it all set up. I've been told by friends that she could easily screw me in a divorce and the time leading up to it, but I trust her. I have to. I love her and she is my wife. If she is going to screw me over and divorce, I honestly would say that the fiances are the least of my worries in that scenario.

8030.png

Users Awards

#6 Jakse375

Jakse375

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

My wife and I run a mixed bag. My 40hr a week job paycheck goes right into a joint account. She handles most of the bills, or tells me when to go pay certain ones. But my part time personal business I handle all on my own. (truth be told the take home levels are about the same each year, but 40hr has benefits)  I'll pull from my personal account to cover unexpected bills and such when they happen and she didn't account for it. She does a decent enough job with finances for the family but I tend to have to bail us out 3-4 times a year.  it's never a large sum  <500.  but that unknown reserve is nice to have. 

signature.png

#7 misterbeer

misterbeer

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • WoT ID:MisterBeer

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

For some reason I don't like paying our bills and she is ocd about bills so it really works.  I have no credit cards ( which is bad since you need revolving debt) I do have a mortgage which I always have at least one payment ahead and one car payment.  I am scared living paycheck to paycheck.  I have a "just incase poop happens" account that if I lose my job we are ok for 6 months.  I have clients that are doctors and lawyers that don't have two cents to rub just to keep appearance.  My parents always lived paycheck to paycheck and I refuse to do so, with just a little twisting you can live comfortable without bills in the back of your mind.  I have seen bills ruin marriages, friendships, and businesses. 

#8 Nickali28

Nickali28

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Steam:nickali25
  • WoT ID:Nickali28

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

I hold down the fort in my house, but only because it works for us.My wife could take over if needed.We live off my single income and I have a spreadsheet with all my known bills on it that I track all income and account balances with.It's mostly a ledger than a budget as we don't live to a penny by the budget.But there is always wiggle room in it so it works.If I know things will be tight I'll pull it up and have her sit with me and let her know what is going on in the next few weeks or months that may make certain things need to be adhered to closely. 

It works for us.She's good about letting me of appointments, school events, etc. that I likely didn't know about.I ask for estimates if she has them and we make it work. 

As long as you are both happy with the setup of your "Finance Team" then all is good.:-D

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $5408 ($1246 with sales)
  • Games owned: 518
  • Games not played: 462 (89%)
  • Hours on record: 812.7h

My excuse for being bad at games is my ISP. Why I'm really bad? Solitaire is more my speed. :doh
fs_overall.png

Users Awards

#9 ThatRandomJanitor

ThatRandomJanitor

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Real first name:Trent

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

I'd never allow if I did get married.

"Follow your dreams you can reach them I am proof.Beefcake beefcake!"
-Eric Cartman (South Park)

https://www.facebook...ng&z=1563304855

#10 happyfunball

happyfunball

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

I think it's fine, but the key is honesty and transparency, just like everything else in a marriage. My wife has a degree in personal finances so she has taken care of paying the bills ever since we were married 27 years ago. However, there was a period where I was having some trouble with my job and our income dropped significantly. At the time I was very stressed and she didn't want to bother me with the money problem. She tried to solve it on her own but that ended up spiraling out of control. When it came out it nearly cost us our marriage.

After some counseling we stayed together, but now we discuss the state of our finances often and without any accusations. She still handles most of the finances, but she lets me know what's going on.

By the way, regarding deposits into "her account". Is it in her name only, or is your name on the account too? You may want to check into legal ramifications if it's in her name only. In California what's mine is hers and what's hers is hers, so I'm screwed either way :dry, but it may make a big difference in your state.

signature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users