Sign in to follow this  
oldguy70

The Cap circle

When I'm in the enemy's Cap circle, and they only have unseen arty(s) remaining, should I 1)  keep moving in the circle, 2) hide behind a building in the circle (if available), or 3) stand still and aim in the direction I think they will engage?   I've never owned an arty so I don't know how they find their targets.  I usually keep moving within the circle, figuring a moving target is less likely to get hit.  Any advice?

Buildings, dead tanks, and brush is a likely first target so I would avoid those. Moving makes you harder to hit if they see or have spotted you but blind shots are at best luck. I lean towards the " go where the last shot hit" method. If they are working on a reset then the bet is whether or not they will risk shooting the same spot. I like those odds.

Sent from the commander's hatch using Tapatalk

There is an old naval tactic following splashes or keep moving going where the last explosion happened or lightening not striking twice in the same place it's important to keep moving if 6th sense goes off break in a random direction

"No man is free who is not master of himself"

Epictetus

When I'm in the enemy's Cap circle, and they only have unseen arty(s) remaining, should I 1) keep moving in the circle, 2) hide behind a building in the circle (if available), or 3) stand still and aim in the direction I think they will engage? I've never owned an arty so I don't know how they find their targets. I usually keep moving within the circle, figuring a moving target is less likely to get hit. Any advice?

Just remember you lose your camo rating when moving.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If there is only unspotted arty I would sit in an open spot away from any sort of cover. Better camo while stationary and no logical reason for the arty to fire at that location.

If there is only unspotted arty I would sit in an open spot away from any sort of cover. Better camo while stationary and no logical reason for the arty to fire at that location.

This. I play quite a bit of arty and I always fire on the bushes and such first. Just sit at the back of the cap circle furthest from their likely approach but away from cover.