Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

joey791 : (24 April 2017 - 11:27 PM)

Welcome to the forums sgt. flint :)

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:38 PM)

Hey All......anyone out there from 2 years ago remember me?

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:39 PM)

just started playing WOT again and looking for a clan or group

bergsteiger : (25 April 2017 - 08:31 AM)

Crazy night. Got all my wins AFTER I quit tooning. Very unusual.

The_Dad : (25 April 2017 - 08:36 AM)

similar experience last night... all my wins were BEFORE I started platooning

NeoGP : (25 April 2017 - 10:25 AM)

Hey Flint!

xtc4 : (25 April 2017 - 11:28 AM)

With new mm, having good players at the top of the list seems to make a huge difference. And platooning seems to almost always put you at bottom of the list. So perhaps it makes sense that you good players are winning when playing solo.

Archaic : (25 April 2017 - 11:14 PM)

Yes, platoons seem to be pretty gimped with 3-5-7

sgt. flint : (26 April 2017 - 02:12 AM)

Hey Neo, yes i remember you. any others from the old crew still running?

NeoGP : (26 April 2017 - 10:17 AM)

not sure man..I haven't played wot in 2+ years, alot of changes throughout the 5 clans

SGrant7 : (26 April 2017 - 12:05 PM)

Haven't been on much in the last few days, but are 2 man platoons fairing much better?

bergsteiger : (26 April 2017 - 02:38 PM)

Platooning doesn't seem as big of an issue as Tier 8s. Don't think I've had a single game that I was top tier in an VIII

joey791 : (27 April 2017 - 04:13 PM)

Welcome to the forums Old_Fart_63 :)

Old_Fart_63 : (27 April 2017 - 04:27 PM)

Heading back to the front, I'll check in later

PastorGordon : (27 April 2017 - 11:12 PM)

Check out the Buy, Sell, Trade forums... Dad's Hideout T-Shirts available now for a short time!

SGrant7 : (28 April 2017 - 07:43 AM)

Happy Friday Dads!

bergsteiger : (28 April 2017 - 09:05 AM)

Friday indeed!

Talisker : (28 April 2017 - 12:55 PM)

Friday :bnb

Old_Fart_63 : (28 April 2017 - 05:04 PM)

I've done two rooms in my home with bamboo and it worked great, Just remember to leave that space for swelling of flooring. Can't really add anything to what has already been said.

Old_Fart_63 : (28 April 2017 - 05:05 PM)

The new laminate flooring "No nails" is a big change in flooring and it looks beautiful

Photo

My 12 year old son asked me

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 misterbeer

misterbeer

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • WoT ID:MisterBeer

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:23 AM

Really good advise masturabtion is something that will be with us until it does not go up anymore.  I had the talk to all my kids and gave similar advises about when, where and don't use socks or towels.

....I'm an accountant I do it all the time, I have to with working with numbers all day, stress relieve ( wife and girlfriend are not always there)

#12 Rogueislehero

Rogueislehero

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Real first name:Roy
  • WoT ID:PowTayTow

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

Just be honest with him. Remember if he doesn't get the truth about stuff like that from you then he's going to get whatever crazy stuff gets thrown at him in school. 

#13 Malandrix

Malandrix

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Real first name:Eric

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

no advise from me.Just an observation- HE came to YOU for advise about an intensely personal and awkward subject!!! It would seem that you and your son have the kind of relationship all members of Dads Hideout should strive for. Well done Dad!!

Posted Image

#14 xxDerPittsxx

xxDerPittsxx

Coo-coo-ca-choo

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,639 posts
  • Xbox:xxDerPittsxx

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

wahidsalem, the first post you said he came to you to ask you about this then you say in your second post you say you must be ready to answer. . . so did you answer ? and if so what was your take on this

Posted Image

derpitts@dadshideout.com

Users Awards

#15 wahidsalem

wahidsalem

McN00bin'

• McN00bin'
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Real first name:wahid
  • Xbox:x boxer
  • Steam:sam
  • WoT ID:sam

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:22 AM

Well, we went out together on a journey, and I was candid too with him, I told him that masturbation is normal, but it should not have to do much, except in emergency cases, because of the very natural wet dreams, and I told him must stay away as much as possible, all places eroticism, and to spend and your time in something useful, such as reading or playing football, or charity, and I told him he tried to legal closest friend of yours, and any questions you do not understand the sexual things or other things in life I'm ready to answer it , was very happy with what I said to him and he told me you are the best father. I love you dad

#16 wtfovr

wtfovr

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Real first name:Steve
  • WoT ID:wtfovr

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:32 AM

Of course I am posting too late, but for those who have these talks coming up with your sons,

For my kids 9th birthday party, he wanted a campout with some friends, so we held a backyard campout and 3 of his friends,  we put all of the kids in one tent, and me and wifey in another tent next door.  After the campfire and smores, time for the sleeping bags, so got the kid's teeth brushed and off into their tent. Of course boys being boys, they talk in their tent and we're in our tent listening....  They talked for a while and talk about trading cards, sports, and then the conversation turned to girls.

oh my that was an interesting conversation to listen to, amid giggling and boasting, the kids were racking and stacking the girls in their school and what order they liked them, etc who was good looking and who needed to wear a bag over her head (ouch)... One kid boasted of going out on dates with one particular girl (I highly doubt it - i.e. their families eat dinner together regularly)

So after the party, I figured it was time to sit down and have a talk with him.

I approached it as these are the natural changes that are going to be happening with his body. He's going to start growing facial hair, his voice will deepen, he already knew the names of all of his private parts. I explained he'll be growing up to be a man, and he'll be able to be a dad one day, and part of that includes his body getting ready to have kids. I explained he'll have erections - explained it's when the penis gets erect - I mentioned that he probably has erections now. They're normal

I explained his body - his testicles will start to make sperm,  When your body make it, it has to go somewhere, I did explain that the sperm either comes out when you're sleeping (not technically correct - the body absorbs it - what comes out is semen which carries the sperm)  - then explained wet dreams  - that it's normal - it's like you pee'd in the bed but it's sticky - (making stick'um)  - just like you peed in the bed, you get up and clean up (what he should really do)or if you're lazy you just go back to sleep and you'll have crusties in the morning (not the preferred option)  or you can make it come out your self - it's called masturbating, and it's okay, but it's a private thing but everyone does it. I didn't explain the mechanics of how to masturbate... just that it has a name.

Then he asked about what happens to girls I explained broad brush things, but I told him he needed to ask mom if he wanted more details.

Finished up by telling him that he and his friends will probably talk about this at some point, and sometimes other kids might have the wrong ideas, but that he could always come to me and ask if he wanted to know the truth

He seemed to accept what I told him.

So fast foward a few weeks later, and we are camping in our Scout group, and after lights out and the Scouts are in their tents, There's my kid, talking to the other kids in their tent and holding a sex ed class about boys and girls growing up  - all the talk between the Scouts went quiet and the only one talking is my kid... to which all the other parents can hear, and I'm looking for a fox hole to go hide in.

dark.png
signature.png

#17 Gaarafield

Gaarafield

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

So fast foward a few weeks later, and we are camping in our Scout group, and after lights out and the Scouts are in their tents, There's my kid, talking to the other kids in their tent and holding a sex ed class about boys and girls growing up  - all the talk between the Scouts went quiet and the only one talking is my kid... to which all the other parents can hear, and I'm looking for a fox hole to go hide in.

You're either headed for the firing squad of parent conversations or going to be held as the role model for what other parents wish they did. Either way, sounds like a great job and a rough idea of how I could approach my own boys. Thanks.

uc.png

Users Awards

#18 Crawdad59

Crawdad59

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

I had girls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signature.png

#19 Swifty

Swifty

Pack Leader

• Pack Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Real first name:Tony
  • WoT ID:SwiftCommander

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

I just used to make jokes about long soapy showers, I think my son got the message; he certainly takes ridiculously long showers.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users