Warship game play mechanics/ship/module questions/advice

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the "Detected" warning appear on screen the entire time you are detected? I'm comparing it to WoT's Sixth Sense in my mind.

Yes, and there are some good mods that will make the warning/what is detecting you more visible on your screen. Hope that helps!

~Erza

Note there is currently a bug where the warning goes away even though you are still detected. Mainly, this is when moving in and out of smoke. Happens to any ship, but obviously most common with DDs.

What are considered the good/keeper ships for the low to mid tiers? After looking through the wiki the ships just kinda all seem the same, which I'm sure isn't the case.

Note there is currently a bug where the warning goes away even though you are still detected. Mainly, this is when moving in and out of smoke. Happens to any ship, but obviously most common with DDs.

This sounds like your ship might be moving in and out of the smoke "circles". This is also caused by DDs moving at full speed while dropping their smoke. If you have ever noticed a dd appearing and disappearing while laying smoke they are actually outrunning their smoke cloud "circles". If this is a bug, I have not seen it yet.

What are considered the good/keeper ships for the low to mid tiers? After looking through the wiki the ships just kinda all seem the same, which I'm sure isn't the case.

The Umikaze is a keeper for T2. One of the best detection ranges on any DD, and it has the torp reload/range to really hurt even upwards of T5. I would recommend capitalizing on a premium IJN dd to make the captain really stand out. I cant think of any ship at T3 I personally would consider keeping. T4 has a few good boats. The Wyoming has good potential along with the Clemson and maybe the Kuma if you have patience. It all really depends on what you enjoy playing, and what boats you enjoyed so much you want to keep them. As far as "good" ships, that is completely dependent on player skill and what you enjoy playing. If you hate BBs, I wouldn't recommend either of the available lines. Hope that helps!!! 

I actually am holding on to the St Louis at tier 3 because it has so many guns.  If you get into a battle with mostly 3's and maybe a few 2's you will win with it.

Tuna

Oh, I'll find a way to lose :smile2

This sounds like your ship might be moving in and out of the smoke "circles". This is also caused by DDs moving at full speed while dropping their smoke. If you have ever noticed a dd appearing and disappearing while laying smoke they are actually outrunning their smoke cloud "circles". If this is a bug, I have not seen it yet.

There is a 2-3 second delay between with SA icon disappears and when you are truly not spotted. Just read the below link today. Per the devs, it has always been this way. Awfully strange that people are reporting it so much now though. I know I never noticed it before and I don't think the last patch has somehow made me a worse DD driver. Possible though!

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/50464-someone-forgot-to-adjust-situational-awareness-in-055/page__st__80__pid__1006341#entry1006341

Keeper ships:

T2-Umikaze

T3- St.Louis maybe, or Aurora if you like the style

T4- Wyoming maybe, Phoenix, Kuma if you like their styles

T5- Murmansk, Kongo, Omaha, Minekaze, Kirov

All the above depend specifically on personal preference, some ships have premium clones that can be used.

Ayle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk