Sign in to follow this  
Guest ......

A question on TS3 - Icons.

Question

Guest ......

I have entered other groups TS servers, and some are decorated with user awards/ranks. 

Example.  Corporal stripes for a 2 year DHO member, three stripes for three years.   Also game icons, so a ship for WoWs, A WoT logo fo tank players. 

Is there an interest here to add those?

teamspeak-badges.png

I understand it would take some time but it's a cool tool once down to see what games ppl play, among other things.

The thought of giving Maida an "Arty Lover" icon makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I've been to many TS servers doing diplo.... pretty much everyone uses the icons. It is kind of connected to how they limit permissions. Most clans set up the TS Server were there is no password, but a there is a waiting lobby. An admin has to give you permission to get out of the lobby into the main channels. They give you permission and an icon.

Then other TS servers like MAHOU or Petco they take it to an extreme and have weird icons for everything. For instance in SHOJO's TS the gave me a "DAD" icon.... they actually had one for that.

Guest ......

Yep, I was briefly in 5D and they have a welcome room.

Officers would stop in there to greet new people and rank them accordingly.  No need for passwords but only those with rank got to move to different channels.

In that instance, I was their Recruitment Officer so my rank was arranged to where other guys could see what I was, and when a new person entered TS3, they'd poke me and I would drop down to waiting room and talk to new person, determine their game of choice and help them with the application process.

I earned a few cool icons in my short time there, even one I was proud of that showed I was a contributor to the clan/server.

It does take more work but in the end I think it would be beneficial.

Let me know if any help is needed. Everything you guys mentioned is pretty simple to incorporate.  This discussion has actually happened before. 

this would also put a little more responsibility on the jr. admins as well as all commanders, making sure their membership is ranked accordingly.

this would also put a little more responsibility on the jr. admins as well as all commanders, making sure their membership is ranked accordingly.

Eh.  I don't think we need to do ranks.  There are basically 2 ways you use this.

1)  Permissions.  Those icons are tied to server groups/access.  This would lessen our need for a PW on our server since we could restrict all of our DHO areas to people with DHO tags and restrict people who just show up to a general lobby/diplo area. 

2)  Descriptive.  Many many icons are just jokes.  Arty lover tag would be a perfect one.  Rat's Pack would be another one. 

The only thing I think admins would need to do is put a DHO tag on everyone and then have a game group sub DHO games/groups they use with TS.  So 1/2/3/4/5/6/X would be nice to show everyone which sub we're in but likely wouldn't have any restrictions tied to them. 

Guest ......

This seems to be a popular idea, and no one is saying no it to, what can we do to make this happen?

If I can help in any way, let me know

Eh.  I don't think we need to do ranks.  There are basically 2 ways you use this.

1)  Permissions.  Those icons are tied to server groups/access.  This would lessen our need for a PW on our server since we could restrict all of our DHO areas to people with DHO tags and restrict people who just show up to a general lobby/diplo area. 

2)  Descriptive.  Many many icons are just jokes.  Arty lover tag would be a perfect one.  Rat's Pack would be another one. 

The only thing I think admins would need to do is put a DHO tag on everyone and then have a game group sub DHO games/groups they use with TS.  So 1/2/3/4/5/6/X would be nice to show everyone which sub we're in but likely wouldn't have any restrictions tied to them. 

2nd this. I'd vote a structure like this:

Lobby

Dad's Hideout

...World of Tanks

.......Sub clannels

...World of Warships

...Candy Crush

Remove the server password. Add a few new & active junior server admins, or whatever people would need to assign permissions / icons.

It would be good for bringing recruits into channel to platoon and such without having to give them the pass to run amok if they end up trolls as has happened a couple times in the past.

Everything server side is set in ranks, or you can call them titles, or whatever.  it all is the same thing with a different word.  To assign an icon you have to assign something that grants that icon (typically).

To get this process going, I would need the following:

a selection of icons to be used, must be no lager than 42px x 42px (I could be wrong on size, but I'm close)

Once we have the selection, they can be uploaded, and I'll figure out what needs to be done to allow them to be assigned.  This will be limited to commander and above ranks on the TS3 server settings so we don't have people randomly tagging other members with annoying icons, or potentially causing additional lag because the extra icons appear using overlays or split screens.