Sign in to follow this  
Granitebeard

Impulse buy.... 3ds

So I just go a 3ds, kind of on a whim.... Figured it would be good for the traveling I am going to be doing for my company. But in all honesty, am kind of out of the loop with the thing. My last nintendo anything was a game boy pocket color and the N64. Bought a couple zelda games for it too, an AC adapter and a case. Anything else people suggest for them? I saw somewhere that there are downloadable games?? How does that work for these things? Oh and yea, Impulse was aided by it being on sale and having a $75 gift card to the store I just re-found.

Nice pick up!

Seems like you got a good start at purchasing for it.  What kind of games do you like?  Which Zelda games did you get?  A Link Between Two Worlds was hopefully one of those games, cause it's one of th ebetter Zelda games to come out in a while I think.

MarioKart 7 is fun, any of the Mario games you can find are fun as well. Great time killer games.  Also recommend Smash Bros.  If you like RPG's, Bravely Default is my suggestion. You should be able to find it for a good price, it's two years old and the sequel for it drops in about 2-3 weeks.

As far as downloadable games, they're installed on the 3DS itself so nothing extra is required.

I like the Professor Layton series if you like puzzle solvers. They are a nice break though from the Zelda or Bravely Default. Those games are fun, but sometimes I just want to exercise my mind, and I love those series of games. They are just regular DS games though, so no 3D effects, but really fun and challenging.

Yes I did forget to add that you can use normal DS games.  Not sure if you were aware of that or not. So that really opens up your game library to some of the really good older DS games.

Did not know about the normal DS game thing. I got Ocarina of Time (had to do it so many memories) and the link between worlds was the other, looking to see if I can find any of old ones too. I have to say I was young enough that when pokemon red and blue just came out in the US I was determined to get the turtle thing on the cover of blue, so pokemon still has a soft part in my core somewhere. I heard x was a good one from people returning to the game but am not sure if I want to get back into that. Otherwise I like most games, from puzzles, to RPG to turn based RPG and normal RGP, so any suggestions would be welcome for games. Mario games have been hit or miss for me, but I did like Mario kart and smash bros in the past. Bravely Default I will have ot look into and see what it is all about.

If i may make a few suggestions, I see that you are into RPG's and the like...I would give Fire Emblem a chance.  theres the older game Fire Emblem Awakening, as well as the two newer games Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and Birthright.  Fire Emblem is a turn based strategy RPG where you control a certain set of units and have to accomplish a specific set of objectives.  I'll attach some gameplay videos to see if you would be interested.  

[media]

[/media]

Also to add on your like of Pokemon, Nintendo has released the original Pokemon series for purchase in the Nintendo e-shop, i.e. Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Red and the Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu edition

Also to add on your like of Pokemon, Nintendo has released the original Pokemon series for purchase in the Nintendo e-shop, i.e. Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Red and the Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu edition

And I think I am now going to be playing nothing but red and blue.....

Fire Emblem looks like a mix of Legends of Dragoon and a Gladiator game I used to have for play station, thanks for the tip.

Bravely Default will take you back to the early Final Fantasy games with the different job classes. It's turn based RPG as well.

My wife and I also impulse bought 2 2ds a few weeks ago. Only got Pokemon arm picking up omega ruby and alpha sapphire. Smash brothers looks good but haven't pulled the trigger yet