Sign in to follow this  
xJediDadx

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

btw they announced the level cap is going up to 80.  Means I'll have to stop my Ewoks Attack project and start saving.  It costs about 2mil per character to go from 70-80.   I'll probably get there in about 3 weeks assuming I can maintain my spot near the top of the arena.  I have 4k crystals saved up and will increase the amount I spend a day from 100/200 cantina and 50/50 regular energy to 100/200 and 50/50/100/100.  So ~650 a day while I'll just bring in between 350-500.  As long as I stay within 5 levels of the whales on my shard I usually stick near the top.

I don't know if any of you are near the current level 70 cap but it's really annoying when they do this.  It doesn't really add any new content although a few characters will get some access to better skills (Qui Gon applies his speed boost as a leader to all toons, not just Jedi, when he hits 80).  It just adds grind. 

They are also changing the battle mechanics fairly significantly.  They're basically adding a 'shield' to characters that they call Fortitude.  Basically HP that once it's gone it can't be healed back.  They are also going to adjust defense to actually mean something and adjust damage in relation to speed.  Should mean slower characters that hit harder and have more HP will be more viable.   I'm guessing droids are a safe bet to still be dominant while jedi take a step back. 

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21365/community-update-3-18-16#latest

They never provide the date for the patch but best bet is 2nd week of April.  They'll probably have some special or freebie to celebrate the release of SW EP 7 on DVD too so it's possible the patch comes earlier to correlate to that release. 

lol... I didn't even knew they had patches!

Like all these mobile games each one of their patches breaks the game in such a way that if you want to have the 'best' team you have to grind new characters! 

They're actually getting to the point where it's silly to chase any meta because they change it every month.  Best advice is just go for characters you enjoy playing.  Eventually in EA's world everyone will get their turn to be OP.  Well.  Everyone except Ugnaught. 

Hit level 40 today.

The squad arena is becoming a little more difficult now that I've broken into the 501-1000 tier.  I've noticed that every squad I go up against has at least 2 healers in the party.  Something I'm unable to do yet since my Jedi Consular is not at a high enough power level to stay alive as long as Talia does.

Hit level 40 today.

The squad arena is becoming a little more difficult now that I've broken into the 501-1000 tier.  I've noticed that every squad I go up against has at least 2 healers in the party.  Something I'm unable to do yet since my Jedi Consular is not at a high enough power level to stay alive as long as Talia does.

What's your squad?

Sid or someone with healing immunity (IG-88, Anakin) is fairly key early/mid arena.  The damage scaling in this game is way off though so end-game healers have a lot less impact as people die too fast to get healed or they try to heal guys w/healing immunity.  I didn't use a healer for months in arena.  But Luminari is so easy to star up, everyone starts with JC, and you have to have good healers for GW so a lot of people use them. 

In general healers are good on offense but horrible on defense.  Luminari and Daka who is more a stunner/reviver than a healer are the only two viable late game. Running w/o JC is fine. 

Bariss works well mid game too and is the queen of all things galactic war. 

I will rely on you Sly to tell me who the new, good characters are. Right now I am just leveling up the ones you told me too, and focusing on gear. I just got Darth unlocked, but you don't seem to care for him, so he is still a puny level 1. I have the GS now, but he is only one star, so I am waiting to put money into him once I have four stars or so.

I will rely on you Sly to tell me who the new, good characters are. Right now I am just leveling up the ones you told me too, and focusing on gear. I just got Darth unlocked, but you don't seem to care for him, so he is still a puny level 1. I have the GS now, but he is only one star, so I am waiting to put money into him once I have four stars or so.

I got Darth right around when I hit 60 which at the time was level cap. Leveled him up.  Used him in Arena.  He helped a fair amoun even at 4*.  But when the level cap went up his usefulness vanished.  I never even bothered to level him up past 60.

He does meh damage except with culling blade when you have a bunch of red dots on someone.  So he's kind of a one-hit-per-game.  He's slow and you can't pair him with anyone good on the Empire squad w/o spending money.  More to the point you can't star him up so he will always hit like that.  I am ~8 shards away from getting him to 5*   but probably will still take me another month or so with the weird way they've set up achievements.  

Also for a little while they made it so 'dots' that do damage over time would kill a toon.  That made Darth a lot better.  But without that you may have 4 dots on someone with no health and they still are alive and able to kill you.

That's DoT.. damage over time. The damage hits when they start their turn. Of course, the way they work in this game, it's useless because the name of the game is burst damage to knock out a character before the healer can get their heal on. Since the damage only ticks when they start their turn and will not kill them outright, they can heal themself if a healer.

This is why GS is so OP.. he has the ally assist and high crit ability to take out someone right at the start unless they are super HP power tank.

What's your squad?

Sid or someone with healing immunity (IG-88, Anakin) is fairly key early/mid arena.  The damage scaling in this game is way off though so end-game healers have a lot less impact as people die too fast to get healed or they try to heal guys w/healing immunity.  I didn't use a healer for months in arena.  But Luminari is so easy to star up, everyone starts with JC, and you have to have good healers for GW so a lot of people use them. 

In general healers are good on offense but horrible on defense.  Luminari and Daka who is more a stunner/reviver than a healer are the only two viable late game. Running w/o JC is fine. 

Bariss works well mid game too and is the queen of all things galactic war. 

At the moment my squad is the strongest people I have based on power, which may or may not be the thing to do anymore, but it's worked for me to get up this award tier.

HK-47 (4*), Chewie (3*), RG (2*), Snowtrooper (2*) and Jawa (3*) (7154 total power)

Close behind in power is Greedo, Plo Koon, Talia, JC , IG-88 and GS