Sign in to follow this  
xJediDadx

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

Not everyone has a leader bonus, especially the generic toons.

To add to this, some Leader abilities don't get unlocked till a certain Gear level is reached.

Chief Chirpa and the Ewoks are hilarious.  I just wish Ewok Scout and (much more importantly) Ewok Elder were more farmable.  I think I'm going to level up the three I have just to enjoy these stupid challenges.  Maybe even unlock Elder. 

Pretty sure the age of Teebo/Chirpa/Scout/Elder/Leia will be one of the greatest metas this game has ever known.  ;)

So what does the (7*) mean next to each person mean? In your character roster that is?

And why the Royal Guard? You don't really use him in any builds. Is this for the daily challenges? Those seem like the best way to get hard to get gear pieces.

So what does the (7*) mean next to each person mean? In your character roster that is?

And why the Royal Guard? You don't really use him in any builds. Is this for the daily challenges? Those seem like the best way to get hard to get gear pieces.

That is star level.  There are three ways to improve a character - star level, gear level, and level... ummm... level.

1)  Star levels are improved by adding character shards.  There are 7 possible stars (7*).  All characters require 310 (320?) shards to reach 7 stars.  Characters can 'unlock' from 1* to 5* (Yoda).  The stars they unlock with only matter when receiving characters through Chromium or Bronzium cards.  If you have a character that unlocks at 4 stars and you have already unlocked them you receive more shards from those cards than if they unlock at 2*.  This matters more to P2P players where someone like Leia, who unlocks at 2*, is much harder to star up than someone like Mace Windu who unlocks at 4*. 

2)  Add gear.  Each level of gear has 6 components.  When all 6 are added you can upgrade a characters gear level and move on to the next set of gear.  Currently gear 10 is not possible although through some unanticipated balance changes 2 charcters had an opportunity to reach gear level 10 (Greedo and Jedi Guardian).  Most characters are currently capped at gear 8 at level 70 although a handful (GS, Yoda, Dathcha) can reach gear level 9.  Currently speed gear is the most important.  All your characters speed is based solely on their gear so by upgrading a gear level and opening up more speed your characters will do a lot better. 

3)   Levels.  This is the most basic upgrade and for the most part is pretty linear.   Use training droids and credits to level up from 1-70.  It costs significantly more to level from 69-70 than it does from 60-61 (from around 100k to 150k) and the expectation for going from level 70-80 is around 2 mil credits per toon.  I have no idea how many training droids.  A lot.  You are capped at your account's level.

In general gear level is the best bang for the buck until you get to gear 7. Star level is next.  Level level is probably the least significant.  A gap of ~5 levels is not all that noticeable while a gap of 1 star or 1 gear level is noticeable.  The main reason to level up a character is actually to allow for more gear (which is capped by level) to be equipped.

Because gear/level caps continue to be increased by development while star level is not the latter is more permanent.  But from a bang-for-your-buck perspective most characters can stop at 6* and be fully effective end-game.  7* is just for the super-competitive or the folks with too much $$$. 

Question of leadership, for IG-88 he has Resourceful Pursuer – All allies gain 20% Critical Chance. Whats teh defenition of an Ally is that everyone on the team? or just the ally i pick for non PvP type missions? Is it a good leadership skill for the Arenas?

He's very useable. Even at 2* he makes the tank challenge a cakewalk because Mace is perma-stunned (Fives helps too with the additional assist call possibility for RG).

He has massive amounts of HP, he gets his taunt on very early (basically the first time anyone gets below 50% health which often means one or two attacker moves), and at 80% his stun has the highest chance of proc'ing in the game and it's off his basic attack (similar to Daka/Ventress).   

Teams that are a little light in HP (QGJ/Yoda/Rey/FOTP) or assist teams that can get his stun in more frequently both work well with him.   Basically he replaced Poe as the go-to taunt guy although ST Han Solo on a rebel team works well too. 

Because RG is so hard to farm he isn't on a lot of teams but the ones that have him at 5+* max gear can drive people nuts.  The only real way to counter it is to get a lot of toons that do so much damage they can one-shot players so they never hit the 50% threshold.  Then RG never gets his taunt.   I may even start to use him on occasion in arena when I get him to 5* even though he'll be ~4k less HP than at 7*.

Question of leadership, for IG-88 he has Resourceful Pursuer – All allies gain 20% Critical Chance. Whats teh defenition of an Ally is that everyone on the team? or just the ally i pick for non PvP type missions? Is it a good leadership skill for the Arenas?

It's everyone on the team. 

Leadership abilities are either all allies on a squad, allies with a synergy (ie. only droids gain crit chance for HK-47), or they do a split like with Luminara where Jedi get n% of dodge chance and all other allies get 1/2 that percentage. 

If you do a challenge or LS/DS/SC missions and you bring in an ally you get their leadership skill in addition to your own leader's skill.  So if you have a Luminara lead and borrow someone's Bariss you actually get healing each turn from both of them. 

I just started using the RG again now that I got him up to 2*.  He wasn't doing squat for me initially. He was constantly at the bototm of the when I went to pick a squad for battles.  Moving up to 2* easily bumped him up more towards the top of the list.

I just started using the RG again now that I got him up to 2*.  He wasn't doing squat for me initially. He was constantly at the bototm of the when I went to pick a squad for battles.  Moving up to 2* easily bumped him up more towards the top of the list.

At 3* and level 50 he'll basically win you the tank challenge on his own.  It's pretty hilarious.  I'd never really farmed him but had him up to 3* from the handful of chromium cards I'd gotten and a few lucky bronzium pulls.  So once he got his buff he got put back in place of Teebo.  

As a side note here's my challenge teams ranked with the importance of the toons.  If you're ever having trouble with them get the guys on the top first.

Tank:

RG

Fives

Boba (lead)

Poe

Chewy

Teebo is good as lead if you don't have Boba.  I would think Han would be good at this as well since he actually hits pretty well but I don't have him.  Poe's expose is probably worth more when it lands than Han even though they both do around the same damage. Really beyond RG and Fives nobody is that important.  

Healer/Support:

Daka

Ventress

QGJ (L)

Eeth Koth

JC

Dooku, Talia, and Phasma are not horrible in this but they all rely on their special for negative effects so you can't autoplay them.  Eeth should be the same but he seems to get a more reliable stun.  I wouldn't use Eeth if not for a QGJ lead (and he's effective because he calls an assist every other turn so that means more chance of Daka/Ventress stuns). 

Attacker:

Literally anyone eligible.   Just kill one droid, kill one boss, kill one droid, kill last boss.