Sign in to follow this  
xJediDadx

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

I didn't count.  Probably not because EA/CG.  But I suppose more people would be complaining in the main forums/reddit and I haven't seen anything.  I already had some Phasma shards but I don't use her.  Just building her up in case she turns out better after the battle mechanic rework.

I got Poe. He is pretty good for the Tank challenge. I have been building up my Phasma. She is my leader for my second team for GW and tears it up. I like that bonus attack she gives. I always end up using a 2nd and 3rd team to do it, but I have been finishing the GW everytime now.

So any update on who is good now? I get back to civilization, and find that now we have some shield crap, but that if you are not a tank, then you have like almost no health. I thought fights were going to get longer? Pfft! No way now. Once that shield is gone, you are dead quick. I'm still leveling up my same guys, but wondering if I should shift focus elsewhere.

TL:DR - Rebels are better, RG is king, Rey is queen, Dooku lead is still a thing, and Han is really effective with protection.

After the update the Royal Guard is pretty much the Red God in arena.  The dooku lead/RG/Daka/2xDPS is much, much more powerful than it was before and it was pretty much the best arena team available.  Rey was barely touched and is still able to do ~16k damage in a single turn.  GS and IG-86 are two others basically untouched.  In fact most of the droid squads (HK/GS/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88) are better relative to before.

Han is another character that is much improved plus Lando was converted to a REBEL from being a SCOUNDREL which probably helps the Rebel side of the ledger.  HRS also didn't get hit too hard.

Resistance Pilot was nerfed a little.  Enough that he is still a + attacker but no longer good enough for arena.  He was basically equal base attack to 88 with another droid on his team but now is behind 88 in the same scenario. FOO team (and Phasma) were supposed to be overall buffed but net they probably are worse now. 

QGJ and Yoda both got hit pretty hard in damage.  Yoda in particular got smashed.  But they both still have their speed and QGJ's utility now that everyone runs a taunting tank has gone up.  And in general more people are using support toons to buff characters so Yoda is still pretty good on offense.  He's always been a bit of a liability on defense. 

Healers are all down a bit though Luminari can still work with someone like RG or Daka (and her stupid revives). They are still necessary for GW since you don't refresh protection once you lose it in a battle.  GW is a fair amount harder tho I still beat it.  Just have to retreat a few more times.

Overall the game is a little more balanced aside from a handful of OP characters.

PS.  Fives is apparently a lot better now and at level 78 he gets double attacks if the first attack hits the enemy with the slow debuff.  With his health and resistance pool along with his counter he makes it so when the enemy leaves him until the end he can potentially win 1v2 or 1v3 scenarios.  I don't know how much I buy that one.